Wednesday, October 26, 2016

LID:: October 2016 Release:: Day 3


It's the last day of the Lil' Inker Designs October 2016 Release. Have you picked up the fabulous products showcased yet? Which is your favorite? We have one final day of blog hopping for you for some last minute inspiration. If you are following the hop, you should have arrived fromChrissy Larson's Blog! 


I showed this first card in progress on my instagram page and it was so much fun to read the responses. The Baubled Christmas Wreath Die is perfect for your Nuvo Drops! I started by die cutting the die with thick, silver cardstock and adhered it to a white cardstock base. I then added a layer of Nuvo Drops in some of the openings, let it dry and then added a second layer for additional dimension. I finished the card by mounting the panel onto a hot pink card base and stamped a sentiment from the previously released Winter Greeting Stamps. I loved the retro look of this font and thought it paired so nicely with the retro look of the The Baubled Christmas Wreath Die. (Just a note: if you are excited to try this, I would only add drops to the small and mid-size openings. The larger openings were a bit of a challenge to fill with Nuvo Drops due the the area that needed to be filled.)


My last card for this release showcases the new Filled Christmas Trees Stamps and Dual Stitched Christmas Tree Dies, as well as the Brushed Script Christmas Word Dies. Sigh. What a pretty set and such an easy card to make. I stamped the image onto watercolor paper, colored the bits loosely, and then stamped the sentiment from Filled Christmas Trees Stamps as well. I then die cut the tree with the larger tree of the Dual Stitched Christmas Tree Dies. I then embossed a yellow panel with the Cover Up Die: Stitched Woodgrain, ink distressed the edges and added some splatters and adhered this to a white cardbase. I then adhered the pretty tree and finally finished off the sentiment with the Brushed Script Christmas Word Dies. I added letters both the "wish" word and the "hope" word to complete the word "wishes".

Here's a look at the new release products showcased in my card today:






I'm going to send you over to the talented  Amy Kolling's Blog to finish the hop, however all the items are up on the shop already!

Don't forget to leave a unique comment along the each of the stops on the hop! Laura, the amazing owner, has decided to up the ante and graciously giveaway the ENTIRE release to one lucky commenter! (Details are in the image).

37 comments:

  1. What a great idea to put Nuvo drops in the wreath die! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!! Gorgeous cards!!! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cards. Love the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these bright, cheerful and festive cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both beautiful and showcase the new products in such a wonderful way! Combining die cut words? Genius!! Nuvo drop wreath? So trendy looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought your first card was superb and then I kept scrolling and the other is also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The circle wreath die is so modern and fresh! It makes CAS so classy! Thanks for sharing your creativity! Another great release from Lil Inkers! kReN@afourthlife

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the CAS style and such fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome projects! I especially love your baubled wreath card!! I don't have any Nuvo drops YET...but I don't know how much longer I'll be able to resist. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards! Especially like the 'Joyful Wishes' card; it's SO bright and cheery, and I love the way you spliced the 'wishes' sentiment together. Great reminder how to stretch our supplies. Appreciate all your ideas and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! The Baubled Wreath is becoming a favorite of mine! So many possibilities! And your tree card is lovely with that beautiful 'wish' die!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards! I love that wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards! Love that wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards and beautifully designed with this fabulous new release:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, I love your colorful festive wreath!! And that's one pretty little tree. Marvelous cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your pretty cards. I think the tree set is becoming my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Love the bold colors! Striking!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards! The second with the yellow background is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful cards. I like the colorful baubles.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karen, I love the colors you used on both cards -- and the stamp and dies. This is such a great release! How creative to use the Nuvo drops in the bauble wreath and to combine two dies to make one word! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your wreath card, so sweet, and Christmas tree card is pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute! Love the dimension of the Nuvo drops. I haven't attempted anything that big with them yet, so it's good to see that they stay domed. Also, now I absolutely HAVE to have the stitched woodgrain background die!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!!! love your Nuvo dotted wreath - I loved it on IG and always wondered what came of it so is great to see the finished product on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such an awesome release!! I love the circle wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Nuvo drops look perfect in this wreath die...fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous showcase of this great release!

    ReplyDelete
  27. As usual your cards always inspire Karen, you have totally made that circle wreath shine!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are so pretty, Karen! I especially LOVE that wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  29. More beautiful cards! It's so cool to see how differently y'all have decorated the fabulous wreath. I've really enjoyed this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome cards. I like the colorful wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I remember seeing the wreath on your Instagram and deciding that I MUST have some Nuvo Drops! Love the second card too with the bright yellow background.

    ReplyDelete