Tuesday, August 1, 2017

LID:: August 2017 Release:: Day 2


Welcome to the second day of the Lil' Inker Designs August 2017 Release Showcase...full of innovative, fun and beautiful items! Once again, we have a fabulous hop for you featuring new stamps and dies that'll make you swoon! If you are following the hop, you should have arrived from the ever so talented Jessica's Blog! (Visit the Lil' Inker Design's Blog for the full link up.)



My first project features some of my favorite products from this release, the beautiful Encouraging Words Stamp Set, coordinating Encouraging Words Die Set (designed by the talented Angelica Suarez) and Fringe Scalloped Tag Dies. I began this card by embossing a white card base with a previously released item, Quilted Stitched So Sunny Die, then die cutting two tags, one in black and one in hot pink, from the Fringe Scalloped Tag Dies. I stamped a sentiment from the Encouraging Words Stamp Set onto the pink tag, and adhered them to the card base with some washi tape.


I then added details by stamping some florals and laurels from the Encouraging Words Stamp Set onto textured black paper with black ink, and die cutting them with the  Encouraging Words Die Set, then colored with PrismaColor pencils.


This next card is bold and fun too, as it features the fantastically fun Eat Cake Stamp Set and coordinating Eat Cake Dies! This card was really simple to make, but I think it packs a big punch and would be so easily customizable with the recipient's favorite color, or makes for a great masculine card too! I stared with a colored card base, and die cut four cakes out from the Eat Cake Dies in a lighter hue. These were adhered to the card base and a scalloped detail was added from the previously released Fanfare Scalloped Border Die. I finished the card with another die cut from Eat Cake Dies and an embossed sentiment from the Eat Cake Stamp Set.

Here's a look at the new release products showcased in my two projects today:




It is with pleasure that I get to send you to the talented Lisa Henke's Blog as the next stop along the hop. I hope you get a chance to visit the Lil' Inker Design Store now as all the NEW AUGUST 2017 RELEASE products are already up at the store!


Don't forget to leave a unique comment along the each of the stops on the hop! Laura, the amazing owner, has decided to up the ante and graciously giveaway the ENTIRE release to one lucky commenter! (Details are in the image).

43 comments:

  1. I love the black and pink together. It's a striking card, really catches your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that flower stamp set, so whimsical and fun, as is the cake set! Great Release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink and black combo looks amazing! I love the die cut background of the second card. The embossed sentiment looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards..great color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the coloring of the florals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The more I see the more I love, especially the Eat Cake set. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bold colors you used on the first card; beautiful! And love the cute design of the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful coloring! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are both eye-catching cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WONDERFUL cards!
    LOVE your BEAUTIFUL florals and CHEERY birthday cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards. Love the beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colored pencils on the black, such a fun card : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love both of these! That pink is amazing on the first and I love the washi and the coloring...so cute! Your cake card makes me want to get back to my craftroom and make more cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love both cards Karen but that tag is AMAZING! (Had to pin that one! LOL) It would not have occurred to me to use those colours but that tag is a show stopper for me! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the boldness of your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your first card is so striking! The pink and black look great together! I really like the set you used on your second card. I'm thinking it would be great for masculine and feminine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your bright, colorful cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the bold pink against the black.
    Fabulous. The cake on top of the
    others is a fun idea.
    great cards.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the color combo on your cards, so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty, I love the stunning colors of the first!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That pop of bright color on your first project is so eye catching! Pretty cards Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such pretty contrasting colors. That stamp set makes great accents!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pink and black gorgeousness! Love those scalloped tags!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What great cards. I especially love the colors in your first card - such a rich, vibrant project!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cool creations! Great colors on the tag and I love the new birthday stamps and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Special tag - great colors. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your cards today! Your color choices look great and I just love the bright pink : )

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful cards! I especially like the tag card, the black and pink together pop. Great coloring with pencils on the flowers, I am learning with my new prismacolor pencils, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE the gorgeous use of COLOR.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cards with tags are always cute, but when they also have the Encouraging words flowers and sentiment, it is adorable. Also like the silouette birthday card that looks so celebratory.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fab cards! Love the tag with the cute scalloped detail, and the cake set is so fun! Lots of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the bright pink tag! The new tag die set is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love release week! The details on the tag edge and the cover plate are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awesome cards! Love the colours! Fantastic release! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  35. SQUEAL!! SUPER SUPER SUPER AWESOME Release and BEAUTIFUL Inspiration!! I LOVE the Stampng on Black and your FUN Die Cut Background Design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete