Friday, October 15, 2010

Mummy-To-Be


She's going to be a fantastic mama. I know it. She'll love him and cuddle with him, she'll be stern when she needs to and soft when she can. Even though I won't be right around the corner if she needs my help, I will be a phone call away to offer advice when she asks for it. I absolutely cannot wait until Halloween when I can see "the mummy-to-be", who is coming from out of state for a visit!

When I emailed Ted for his latest challenge at Happily Ever Crafter, I dreaded the word "Trick" contained in his response. My challenge was to create a Halloween Card with pastel colors and non-traditional icons! Sheesh-what was I going to do? It took me literally days before I realized that I had the perfect opportunity waiting for me and created a card that is my most favorite to date.

After lightly stamping the deer from this Christmas set, I drew the mummy costume and colored her lightly. I stamped a hexagon pattern in peach that one could say represents pumpkins, and then bordered it in pastel purple and topped it off with a green button-both baby versions of traditional Halloween colors.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: (Vintage Cream) PTI, (Pale Plum) SU
Stamps: (Retro Christmas) Practicing Creativity Designs, (Hexagon-A-Thon) Schlosser Designs
Ink: (Soft Subtles Pigment) SU, (Antique Linen Distress) Ranger, (Close to Cocoa Marker) SU
Embellishments: (Ivory String) May Arts, (Button) PTI, (Pearl) Kaisercraft
Tools: (Labels 4 Nesties) Spellbinders, (Corner Chomper) WR Memory Keepers
Font: (Ali Edwards) Creating Keepsakes

38 comments:

  1. This is has got to be the cutest mummy.. Love the card. Love the ingenuity..
    Another fabulous one Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and clever Karen! I love the nested labels - such a beautiful effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw... for the "deer" mummy-to-be! I love this card, Karen... everything about it. The drawn wraps are to perfection! Thanks for playing along with my HEC this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the cutest Halloween card ever Karen! I love the non-traditional and soft colors. Brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crikey, what a tricky challenge, but you certainly pulled it off. This is so imaginative Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where will you find all these ideas so original!
    What a lovely mummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genious Karen! Just genious! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THIS IS so so gosh darn cute! Love it alll.... especially that cute cute sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! It's totally something I would make (wish I'd thought of it!) and will remember this awesome idea. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that was a tough challenge and you totally rocked it! LOVE the little mummy dear and the hexagon background is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card. Love the colors and the "mummy" is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. PURE GENIUS!!!! I LOVE EVERY SINGLE DETAIL---the hand drawn mummy wrapping, the hexagon background, the perfectly cute sentiment, the colors, the inked up edging on the labels!!! Way to ace this challenge, Karen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a clever, clever idea, karen!! your attention to details is once, again, just awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am always so inspired by your creativity and original ideas and this is another fantastic example of your work. What a tough challenge but you met it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Karen - this is so clever and brilliantly executed!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the cutest "Mummy" ever! What a challenge! This was a tough one but you mastered it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is brilliant, Karen! What a fun use for the cute little deer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Karen! You are so funny!! I love this card - a play on halloween and a card for a new mother at the same time! Your sweet little fawn . . . ready for "treats"! Amazing.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Karen, this is simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol...this is such a cute 'mummy'!! How creative of you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Girl you know there isn't a challenge you can't take on! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a fun card Karen, I didn't get it till I read the post ha ha, I am such a tube light:-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cute idea! I love how you created your deer mummy! Great use of colors for this nontraditional Halloween challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How uber clever you are! This makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You crack me up!!! I LOOOOOVE the punniness of this- and I'd say you were VERY successful with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is adorable! I would of had a hard time with that challenge, me and pastel colors don't work well together. Like Tammy said there isn't a challenge you can't take on!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is just about the cutest mummy ever! (Didn't know there was such a thing!) The color are so yummy and I love all the ink distressing you did!

    ReplyDelete
  28. hee. this makes me smile. you are so creative, Karen. love it!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I saw this yesterday on Facebook and I just think it's so fun! And reminds me that i need to make some baby cards with that deer!

    ReplyDelete
  30. How very creative and adorable! Your friend is sure to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. omg! this is cute and creative karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is just adorable. Love it to pieces! That deer is just tooooo cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my goodness, this is sooo sweet! I love it. Really, really love it.

    ReplyDelete