Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Penny Pinched Pumpkin


He searched up and down the brown muddy aisles. He would pick one up and then not so gently set them down. One was too crooked. The other was too big for his arms to reach around. One was too pale, the other too green. Then, a big Oh escaped his little mouth and he bent down as only the little ones can and examined it, forever. Yes, he shook his head, yes, this was the one.

A tiny, slightly imperfect pumpkin was the one to be decorated with paper crafting supplies.

Mandy and the rest of the Limelight Papercrafts gals (Lisa, Lynn and JenMarie) were challenged to use paper crafting supplies to spruce up a pumpkin! I started my decorating by spraying heavily the top of the pumpkin with Penny Pincher Shimmerz Vibes, continued by adding a few Crate Paper Sweet Branch Rub-ons and then finished with twine and styrofoam balls stuck with gold pins. And to not make the little pumpkin lonely, I created a little card using many of the same supplies found at Limelight.


And just a quick remember that there is a super fun challenge over at Practicing Creativity Designs! Make any card using a Practicing Creativity stamp, and link it up to this post by October 8th! There are two prizes! One winner gets to be the guest designer next month and there is also an awesome Tattered Angels prize pack!

And check this out! Be(e) Stamped has one inspirational blog and she is offering up some wonderful candy!

Supplies Used: 
Pumpkin: Shimmerz Vibez in Penny Pincher, Crate Paper Sweet Branch Rub-ons. Gold Stick Pins, Twine, Styrofoam Balls, Metallic Spray Paint
Card: Cardstock, Crate Paper Sweet Branch Rub-ons, Shimmerz Vibez in Penny Pincher, WR Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, SU So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie Markers

28 comments:

  1. What an interesting challenge.... enjoy the pumpkin season on my behalf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet pumpkin, karen! and the clean and simple kraft card is so perfect for thanksgiving:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a lovely project. beautiful one layer card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pumpkin story...reminds me of my Collin last fall...he was very clear on what type of handle the pumpkin had to have last year at the pumpkin batch and walked around with my mom, sister-in-law, father-in-law and me until he found exactly what he wanted! Love the simplicity of your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a work of art! The card is really sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pumpkin and the non traditional way you decorated it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! I MUST make one of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And what a perfect pumpkin you picked! If only they all looked that fabulous and decorated in the shops!
    Adore your krafty li'l card too!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so incredibly adorable! I just love little pumpkins, and the way you've embellished this one looks so gorgeous and natural (unlike most of the gaudy painted ones I see in stores!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous. Love what you did with your pumpkin. The Shimmerz is perfect.

    Love the cas card too! Awesome.

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple and elegant, would make a great centerpiece! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome use of crafty stuff to create your fab pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooo fun! Love the sweet embellished pumpkin...your kraft card is wonderfully CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your festive little pumpkin! And CONGRATS on being selected as one of the Trigger Targets over at Moxie Fab World!!! SOOOOO well-deserved!!! Way to go, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SOOOOOOO cute!! Love your take on this--so beautiful! Def. something I am going to try:) YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can picture the joy on his face as he inspected it- priceless! Great job with the pumpkin and the card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely pumpkin! Love the decoration! And love the card, perfect for here in Canada as this upcoming weekend is Thanksgiving here! :>

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was just looking at tiny pumpkins today! Yours is super cute and I love your sweet and simple card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the pumpkin and the card. How can such a simple card look so good? It is perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun it is to spruce up a pumpkin! :) Love the simple matching card too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was here just yesterday. Gasping over that beautiful pumpkin so much, that I didn't even see the link to my blog candy ;)
    Thank you very much for the link, really appreciate it!! Always love to stop by your blog for a moment!
    Els.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So beautiful Karen! I love your CAS card too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another beauty! Both the pumpkin and the card...this reminds me that I have pumpkins in my car from last weekend when we went to the patch. Now I am off to finally get 'em out - LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great challenge! I love the card, so elegant and simple.

    I'm hosting a Stampin Up giveaway on my blog, hope you and friends can stop on over.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow!!! What a great way to use SHIMMERZ VIBEZ!!! Thanks for choosing SHIMMERZ!!! Such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete