Tuesday, February 7, 2012

All That Stuff


I guess I spend too much on this computer because the little one sees me posting this card and says that I should make it, like all the cards I look at. I told him that I did make it. And then he says, oh, it's pretty with all that stuff on it. You should make another one, but not so big, but use black, but after I go to sleep. Then, as he walks out he said that maybe I could use some smiley face stickers too, because he likes them... He cracks me up lately.


Tis February now, and that marks a new set of fabulous guest designers and a new talented sketch artist this month over at Skipping Stones Design! Check out the blog for more challenge rules, prize information and to see the great cards from the guests and the design team! And check out this bit of news: There is a "Tweetheart Special" at Skipping Stones Design this week. If you purchase and three stamp sets, you will receive Heartsong 2 for free, which isn't being officially released until April! 
Kazan
Barb
Cyndi
Joann
Jingle
Wendy
Taylor
Katie
Stephanie
Shannon
Wendy
 
I figured it was about time to ink up this beauty of a butterfly from Healing Wings, I've seen so many great cards made with it. I used a sentiment from Sentiment Frames. Ooh, and I made the cabochon type flower too! The colors are derived from the lovely, soft and serene color palette at The Play Date Cafe.  Dreamy.


Supplies:
Cardstock: (Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: GCD 
Stamps: (Healing Wings, Sentiment Frames) Skipping Stones Design
Ink: (Vintage Photo Distress) Ranger
Fiber: (Burlap String, Lace) May Arts
Other: (Labels 4 Nestabilities) Spellbinders, (Clay Flower), (Copic Markers)

41 comments:

  1. So funny Karen. Sounds like a conversation at my house. This is beautiful! And of course, you have to have smiley face stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super gorgeous karen and your boy is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous Karen! I could stare at this lovely creation all day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, serene card, Karen. Perfect touch of brown shading for depth.

    Your son is a hoot! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful, soothing...the way you've colored the butterfly it looks like Murano glass. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazingly soft and feminine! And I love your son's critique--my daughter has tons of "advice" for me when I'm crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the feedback... beautiful colors and the ribbon is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Karen. great choice of colors, that butterfly is so beautiful. I came over to let you know that you WON that little giveaway over at my blog. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen this is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful, Karen! Dreamy is the perfect word for it.

    Loved your reading about your son's input--thanks for a good giggle!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. my o my this butterfly is stunning...WOW your cards are always so beautiful...Love everything about it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful I love the fabulous butterfly stamp and the resin rose is GORJUS !
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how funny! You made me smile!! I love this card!!! The ribbon is so wonderful of an addition!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful soft colored card. love the pink butterfly over the light blus cardbase. looks so dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Add this one to the list of great cards made with the butterfly. Soft and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is soft and lovely. Thank you for sharing the story of your wee one. What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning Karen! it is soft and dreamy and oh so feminine. Love your flower too, gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Smiley face stickers are the answer to everything at that age and he has some ideas about design too!
    Such a pretty feminine card for such a feminine colour combo Karen... The cabochon is gorgeous too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Karen, your little one's comments made me smile. :) i know I spend too much time at the computer, and even though my kids are older (10 and 13), they still think I'm on too much. :(

    Your butterfly card is simply lovely, and a perfect use of the Play Date colors. So glad you made time to include us in your challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just gorgeous... and your boy is funny & cute!!!...hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous coloring on the butterfly and I love the lace and twine together!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Heehee, well it does look all perty with that stuff on it. Super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful card :)

    ok you boy is too funny!! he should make cards with you to show you how it's done LOL
    would be fun to see his creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're on a roll with these feminine vintage masterpieces, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your son is a doll!

    Love the shabby vintage feel you have been showcasing lately! So so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOL! LOVE it! Little ones are so honest; aren't they? Your card is beautiful! LOVE that big, bold butterfly and touches of texture! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You got quite the critic/assistant there! lol. The card is absolutely gorgeous, but have you considered using more black?? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is really on par with your vintage vibe of late- love! And I'm wondering when we'll see it in black- with smiley face stickers? :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Another beauty from you Karen - you have such a talent with giving images an aged look. Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  30. black goes really well with smiley faces, karen...the boy knows his stuff! your card is so, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  31. such yummy colors and really love your coloring on the butterfly and the rose is to die for! gorgeous card, Karen! did you use any smily face sticker inside? =)

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOL, that story is hilarious! This is a gorgeous card and maybe the butterfly is smiling on the inside. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh you can always use a smiley face sticker!

    Just found your blog and wanted to say Hi. And how much I adore this card - the clay flowers are just the thing right now (love!)

    Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a beautiful card Karen! Your colours are perfect and so is the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so soft and beautiful. Great job Karen!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Karen, your card is soft and beautiful! I just loved that PDC color palette. You are right, it is soft and dreamy! Your cabochon flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete