Wednesday, February 8, 2012

For Sebastian


I learned about Sebastian and his great courage from Amy's blog, who read about it at Charlene's blog. If you'd like to send some love to a little boy who has the most courageous heart, please read about him at Ms. Brown's blog, and please consider making up a card and sticking it in the mail. Be prepared to feel love for a little boy that you've never met. I have two boys of my own so Sebastian's story really pulled at my heartstrings. I want to put just one smile on his face.


I was inspired by the colors from the Lawnscaping Challenge-so striking. Red, Black, White and spots of Gray. Although  don't literally showcase hearts on my creation, I still feel as though the puppy on this card will bring a smile to Sebastian's face, help him feel the love, as Ms. Brown indicates, along with all the other cards that will soon line the hospital room walls. I know how much our "puppy" brings joy to my boys. The puppy is colored lightly with marker, and his tail and muff are have been shaded with a white gel pen for dimension.


Also, I took the layout available at Artful Delight and transformed it into a card. The notebook panel and patterned paper panels represent the three photo boxes, the clouds are the circles and the banner is the title. I always feel a sense of accomplishment when I can make a card from a layout sketch.

So this creation is going into an envelope that has already been addressed and stamped, and it will be sent out tomorrow. I know in my heart that this crafty blogging community is full of love, will you please consider making and sending a card, and show Sebastian some love?

Supplies:
Cardstock: (White) Office Max, (Soft Stone) PTI
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper, Envelope
Stamps: (Critters in the Burbs, Sophie's Sentiments, Bannerific) LawnFawn
Ink: (Onyx Black Versafine) Tsukineko
Dies: (Clouds, Notebook) PTI
Tools: (Circle Impression Plate) PTI
Other: (Black Pen) Pilot, (White Gel) Signo, (Markers) Copic

42 comments:

  1. Your card is just adorable, Karen...thanks so much for spreading the word about Sebastian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Karen! I love how you adapted the sketch for your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...what a sweet card! Sure to bring a smile to Sebastian! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Karen!
    Love all the details ;-)
    and your new banner is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card would definitely put a smile on Sebastian! ... Hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Karen this darling card is sure to bring a smile to him. Sweet little image and I like the big polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww so sweet...he is going to love it..

    ReplyDelete
  8. great card! Sebastian is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so sweet- love the way you've used the sketch & colors! I'm sure Sebastian will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, the absolute perfect card for Sebastian. I am sure he will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This will definitely bring a smile to Sebastian's face. It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So perfect for this special little boy! Great card Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. seriously CUTE Karen...Sebastian is going to LOVE it! I tell you, it just seriously warms my heart to see how the paper crafting community is helping out with Sebastian's Card Drive...I knew that they would but it's all so very FABulous:) Thanks for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That card is just too cute! Sebastian is going to love it as much as I do. Thank you so much for sending him a card and for helping to spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just adorable. Love the focus on the pup and those clouds are divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute little pup, I'm sure he'll bring a smile to Sebastian's face :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for bringing this little boy to my attention, Karen! I will definitely start working on a card for him tonight, and I know my daughter would love to make one, too.
    I adore this sweet little puppy, and what a perfect sentiment to use. This will definitely put a smile on Sebastian's face!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How awesome is this!!!!! I love this card! It's absolutely fantastic!!!! Love the embossed cards, the strips under the dog.... It's wonderful! Sebastian is going to LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable card! Love the sweet puppy... the cluds... great color combo too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, how I love this card! It is just too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you can take a LO sketch and make it in to a card too. They always turn out amazing. Sebastian is going to love it!! Thank you for playing along with Artful Delight this month!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. sweet card. love the soft stone cardbase and how white clouds pop. It will definitly bring cheers to Sebastian.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was completely moved by Sebastian's story through Amy's blog, too, and just dropped a card I made for him into the mail this morning. I think your choice of cute pup will be perfect for him!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Karen! That pup image reminds me of my dogs. Very cute! You asked about the Smitten sentiment. I bought it last week in the $1 bin @ AC Moore. Do you have one close to you?

    ReplyDelete
  25. So so cute and Sebastian is going to have the biggest smile on his face!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awww, so adorable & sweet! Love that little pup & Sebastian will too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. fabulous and adorable card, the color's choice is awesome, very striking. embossed cloud and the stripes, also the note dies, is cool, this card consist of cool dimensions. Love this, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Darling card! Love all the elements in this card, Karen! I know Sebastian will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. sweet card, Karen! Sebastian will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. SUPER DUPER CUTE!!! I bet this will bring a GIANT smile to Sebastian's face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh how adorbs. What boy wouldn't love a puppy??? Sebastian is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. EEK! I love this one too!!! Those PTI clouds are a fave of mine - and the colors all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your Sebastian card is very sweet! I love the doggie! What a great cause you made this for!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a cute card, funny how my dog (ironically named Sabastian) looks just like the one you have used here..

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutely LOVE this! Perfect. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  36. So sweet! The card is lovely! Congrats on the Gnome!

    ReplyDelete
  37. So sweet! The card is lovely! Congrats on the Gnome!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, hooray! A card using Abby's sketch. I love it; fun and whimsical and a fab card. I am so glad you joined us at Artful Delight.

    ReplyDelete