Thursday, February 16, 2012

You Only Live But Once


"Hey, everybody, let's have some fun
You only live but once
And when you're dead you're done, so
Let the good times roll, let the good times roll
I don't care if you're young or old
Get together, let the good times roll."
~B.B. King

The good times are sure rolling with the newest challenge at CAS-ual Fridays! In celebration of the Mardi Gras that is just around the corner, create a party themed card that features ribbon. Our sponsor this week is none other than the best ribbon place on earth, May Arts Ribbon!


The banners on my card are all made from ribbon available at May Arts. Super simple construction here: I placed a few sticker sentiments on top of a few lengths of ribbon, cut the edges on fun angles and and layered them over other fun ribbon. No stamping!

There are some really, really great cards over at CAS-ual Fridays! Please check the inspiration out, catch up on the challenge details and rules and find more about the sponsor and prize over at the CAS-ual Fridays Blog!

P.S. I do say that I think my dear husband was blushing a little bit when I showed him all your lovely comments on my new ribbon shelves! Thank you! I haven't seem him blush in a really long time. (I don't think I've seen his head that big either in a long time!)

Supplies:
Cardstock: (White) Office Max

Embellishments: (Wide Ric Rac Ribbon, Green/White Striped Grosgrain, Black Grosgrain, Teal Twill, Yellow Wired Pom Ribbon) May Arts, (Sticker Sentiments) SRM Press
Other: (Swiss Dots Embossing Folder) ProvoCraft, (Staples) Tim Holtz

40 comments:

  1. Dan says very rustic and cool shelves. Fabulous use of ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is fantastic... and such a clever use of ribbon! I now am inspired to get out those smaller pieces that I just couldn't bring myself to throw away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this fun and playful mix of ribbon, Karen! Darling card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ribbon...so clever to add a bit of texture with the ribbon too. My straight laced brain would make it all flat! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this Karen...the texture is fabulous....happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I {heart} this card... clever way to use those ribbons... Awesome...Happy Friday ...hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just great! I love the colors and textures you brought together here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to use ribbon scraps! Love the variety of colors & textures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, I absolutely love your ribbon card. Just the perfect touch of ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the use of ribbon with the pompoms!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning! I love the colours and patterns on all the ribbons. I never thought to use stickers on them either. Great inspiration, Karen! (Too funny about your husband.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a cool creative way to use ribbon - LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your take on the challenge, Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what an awesome design...I love how you used the ribbon..love this...

    ReplyDelete
  15. i LOVE the big wide green striped ribbon! fab way to use them all together. super card, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. full of fun and just fabulous! i love all the ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so fun! I love your use of ribbon and it makes a fun statement!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great card Karen!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so fun Karen! I love the ribbon strips with the stickers on top of them and those colors are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card Karen - clever idea to add the stickers to your ribbon, Rx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card Karen. Love the ribbon strips and the words on them... great colors too. Just a really nice design! Enjoy your weekend. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a fun card, Karen! I love the interesting layers and color. ;)
    I hope to try your ribbon technique from the May Arts blog. That was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all those textures and patterns Karen not to mention the bright colours too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  24. That ribbon combo says CELEBRATE!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Celebrating with ribbon in true style, Karen! I adore your sentiment placements and the cool, graphic mix of colours and texture!
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Love the bold colours! Great use of those ribbons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this card with that fun mix of ribbons Karen!
    So well done!

    TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great card! The use of all those ribbons are wonderful, they work so well together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a striking card. The black ribbon really sets off the colors. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. what a cool birthday card! Love the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the colours and textures and how they pop off that embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a cool look - clean and simple and so fun! Gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really love this card! Fabulous use of the various ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Totally awesome! I love the creative way you used the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is a fabulous thing to do with ribbons Karen! I love the way you layered sentiments over the top of your banners.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a cool card! Great idea to use the sticker sentiments on the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete