Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mysteriously...



Welcome to Sketch Challenge 115 and the release of Sassy Cats! If you just came from Wendy J.'s blog, you are in the right place.  If you just happened along my blog today, start at the beginning of the hop at Skipping Stones Design.  The entire hop order is there and you can hop from blog to blog with ease. You can also check out the challenge details!


So I have a really good excuse for the not so good photo quality. Bleh. Seriously. My daylight bulb mysteriously dislodged itself from the crafty lamp and broke. (Mysteriously is the key word.) Working full time, dinner and homework doesn't leave any time for daylight photos and expediated online shipping was just a little too much. I hope the replacement arrives soon.

...A couple of things. Although this stamp set was created in the sassy style that Skipping Stones Design is known for, this set doesn't have to sassy at all! I simply stamped one of the cat's without its very characteristic eyes and replaced them with some googlie ones. Then I used a lighter color pallete and inked the edges for a soft look. I chose the most generic sentiment included in the set used it on this card.

Be sure to hop along and leave comments on all the fabulous designers’ blogs.  This month we are welcoming Cyndi Bundy and Barb Turpin  to our team as Guest Designers! Kazan Clark will be providing all the fabulous sketch inspiration this month including the sketch we're using in today's hop!


One Last thing! The Tweetheart Sale has been extended! When you buy 3 sets at regular price, you'll get the new HeartSong 2 for free, which isn't being released until April! (You'll get it before everyone else!)



Head over to Kazan's blog for some more Skipping Stones Design inspiration!

46 comments:

  1. LOve this card. The kitty is darling, love the window and the scene behind him, the twine and texture. just LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card Karen! Love her eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously cute! I'm lovin' those googly eyes!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nvow this is fun!! Wiggle eyes just make me smile! Great card Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The googly eyes are perfect! And I love the soft tones on the rolling hills. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your boys Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card, Karen! Love the eyes on the little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Too cute! Love the cut out and the uplifting hills in the bg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen this is just too cute...I love this cat and fun background you created...love it..

    Happy Valentines..

    ReplyDelete
  9. The google eyes really suit her, super card Karen, great neutral tones :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hee hee this is totally cute Karen! I love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card, especially the little kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you made such a 'busy' sketch into a fairly CAS card! Sketches with a lot going on scare me at times. Lol. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOving the soft look and googly eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo, I like the eyes too! So soft yet, the eyes make it FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  15. cute card. love the dimension added with the die cut window and the hilly landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally changes the look of that kitty! Lovin' the googley eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card Karen - love the natural colour palette and his googley eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. so sweet! love the eyes and the hillside background. great design!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no! So sorry about your light tent bulb! I hope your new one comes quickly! Your card is stinkin' adorable! LOVE those googly eyes, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love how you colored the kitty. lovely card, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job for working in the dark!!! I hope your light bulb replacement arrives quickly. Your card is fabulous and I love the googlie eyes!! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, ouch! I had that happen as well and those bulbs aren't inexpenisive to replace. Hope yours arrives quickly although it doesn't look like the lack has hurt your creativity a bit!

    Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a cute kitty :) adorable stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cute! I love this kitty and the background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Too cute, love that little cat and the background is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So so cute and how fun are those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fun and cute card... gotta love that googley eyes!!! Hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the way you interpreted the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous Karen! I love that adorable kitty and the frame idea - just perfect!

    :)

    PS - is it gremlins?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Karen,
    Such adorable ideas! I'm originally from Stevens Point, and love paper crafts too! I like the simple elegance of your designs. Keep crafting!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats on being featured on Lily Pad cards! I feel like a know a celebrity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Could that cat be any cuter? I love that you made this cat more cute than sassy! and loved your interview on Lily Pad today! :>

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love how you totally changed up the feel of this stamp from cheeky to cute!
    Nightmare on the bulb - hope you ordered two this time!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ok, that kitty cat is adorable!! I love your card!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. So cute! :)

    I have some "mysteries" of my scraproom of my own. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  36. The kitty is so cute! I never would have guessed it was the same stamp with the googly eyes. Fun! I really love the background scene, too. You're cracking me up about the "mysterious" bulb. I have had that with a couple of clear stamps that have "disappeared." Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for the inspiration, glad to say that a friend ordered two of the cards I made off this sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Those google eyes are brilliant and really give that kitty another look! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Loving his paired up with the scenery stamps in the background! Super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is too cute Karen! I love the scene you created!

    ReplyDelete