Friday, August 10, 2012

Feeling Funky Friday


The local radio station always mentions Feeling Funky Friday. I don't get what they do that is funky on a Friday, but none the less the phrase is usually stuck in my head all day long! I perhaps should listen just a wee bit better and find out what the Funky is in a Friday!


Well today my funky in a Friday is showcasing the cool Basic Grey/Hero Arts Background Stamp, Curl Pattern, included in this month's Artful Delight Card kit and the eclectic look you can achieve by pairing it with other fun elements from the kit.  I stepped outside my normal bounds and played with loads of distress inks on the above card. First I embossed the background with white and covered it with two shades of yellow. I adhered this panel to the blue base, after apply the fun rub-ons from the kit for a punch of black. I added a stamped sentiment from Hero Art's So Sorry set (not included in the kit). I was inspired to try something new, requested by CASE Study's Anniversary Challenge, after seeing all the fabulous designs on their latest hop.


This next card is a bit more to my liking, but still a bit funky. Using the same stamp, I embossed it in black onto kraft and then colored portions in with colored pencils, drawing inspiration from the fun buttons! The sentiment comes from Hero Art's A Little Note set (not included in the kit). Love these buttons included in this kit. I'm not usually a button girl, but wow, these are so graphic and modern. I'm going to try my hand with this card in Young Crafter's Unite Button Challenge!


I have to mention, again, how much I adore these kits, not only for the amount of product in them, but because they offer up opportunities to participate in new challenges. Believe it or not, I only own a handful of Hero Arts set, and having this background stamp now opens up so many possibilities for the few that I have!

Both these cards were inspired by Hero Art's August Sketch Challenge and Clean and Simple Stamping Challenge, and A Blog Named Hero's Freestyle Challenge.



28 comments:

  1. Fun cards today, Karen! The second one really speaks to me. Have a funky Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee,hee...I have a feeling they just think it's a catchy phrase...just like your cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your backgrounds are funky and very lovely. These cards are so playful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your card Karen- and thank you for you kind words, you my dear are everyones stamping idol! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards! Love the distress inks on the first one! Cool button too!

    The layout of the second is really neat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love what you've done with this month's kit. Soooo many options, and kudos for multi-challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow those patterns are amazing...love the design and and those buttons are awesome...great cards..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! Those buttons are awesome! I love them! Thanks for playing along with us at Young Crafters Unite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well happy funky friday to you girl :)
    love both the cards and those buttons are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cool designs! LoVe those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are awesome! Love the different look you got just by embossing the stamp in another look! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great designs! #2 is my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cool card, Karen! I too love the second one most, what a fabby effect! Thanks for joining us for the Anniversary celebrations at CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love what you did with that stamp Karen. the yellow/orange background is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty cards Karen. Love the funky images. The embossing and sponging looks great... also love those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  16. very cool design. love the funky cards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow both of your cards are prefect. TFS AJ~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two completely different looks with one stamp!! My fave is the second too...it has a very ethnic feel to it :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both cards are indeed fun-ky!!! Love them... gorgeous... hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Funky and fabulous Karen! Love both of these... great work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Uber cool cards Karen! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous cards, my friend! Love the gradient of the warm hues on the first and diggin' those buttons on the second card!
    Thanks for thinking outside the box with us at CASE Study this week! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. such fun cards and really love your take on the sketch on the second card. wonderful work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow- Amazing how different these look! Both are so cool & really show the variety of those kits!

    ReplyDelete