Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lacy Look




A couple posts ago I hinted that I was going to show you a lacy look that I created, and today I have a super simple, super quick, yet super effective use of the three Bra Sets available from Skipping Stones Design! How about we create a lace pattern with just four basic supplies?!

First, gather up some high quality white cardstock, an alcohol color marker of your choice, the Copic Colorless Blender pen, and a wide strip of scrap lace.



Start by laying down color onto cardstock, to about the size of your choice of Skipping Stones Design Bra stamp. It doesn't have to be neat, and using the broad side of the marker makes fast work of this. Next, loosely lay the lace on top of the cardstock and start blotting the holes in the lace with the Colorless Blender. This actually removes color, leaving the lacy pattern. Finally, stamp your image in crisp ink, and shade like normal.

My card uses one of the bras featured in this month's release, Bras Volume 3 as well as the sentiments from this same set. I stamped the background with a pattern from Damask Dalring for a bit of texture.


I was inspired by the sketch at Retro Sketches to finish off the design of my card. I added some luscious May Arts Black Silk Ribbon too!

29 comments:

  1. So stinking clever Karen...love the tutorial and of course your fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius!!! I love the lacey effect...in fact I wouldn't mind that bra for myself! LOL!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun technique...thanks for sharing..love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb card Karen. Love all that texture:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Showing your bras again, what are we going to do with you? Fun idea with the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that technique! Great idea, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool technique, Karen - with beautiful results too! Love your fun card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me lol hard :) very funny sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card and great technique that works beautifully for this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is sooo cool Karen!!! LOVE that look and looks easy enough for me to pull off :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pure genius!
    I tell you, you will always surprise me Karen ;-))

    TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool & easy technique! Thx for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your homemade lace is awesome! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would never have thought of doing this Karen, so thanks for the clever idea. Gorgeous card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha! Love your card and such a great technique!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a clever technique! Thanks for sharing it. Very fun card, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the technique.. I love this FUN card... its stunning too.... I so need the stamps!!! Hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well color me surprised! I didn't know your crafty style went this particular direction. I love it! I wish there were more whimsical, edgy stamp images and sentiments out there. Wish my ta-ta support system was so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant card Karen, thanks for the tutorial it is so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a neat technique. thanks so much for sharing, Karen! love your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing this awesome technique! Such a great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a creative technique! Your card is pretty awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cool idea! Thanks for showing us how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Genius and beautiful! Such a clear explanation too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a brilliant idea Karen... love the lacy garment :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete