Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tree Grove


I am the heat of you hearth, the shade screening you from the sun; I am the beam that holds your house, the board of your table; I am the handle of your hoe, the door of your homestead; the wood of your cradle, and the shell of your coffin. A am the gift of God and the friend of man.-- Unknown





I have been so very honored to make creations for Paper Smooches this month as their guest designer and my last one today features all three releases from August. The trunks are from the branch and the tree tops are made from the pumpkin in Spookalicious, the leaves are made from the paisleys in Daisies and Paisleys and the sentiment is compiled from the letters in Graffiti. I was inspired by Moxie Fab World's Card Design Handbook Week: The Repetition Challenge. A pairing of three unique trees, yet they are all stamped with the same elements.

Thank you so much, Paper Smooches!

[I just finished watching the season finale of Pretty Little Liars. I know it is a teen show, and I would never, ever wear the fashions they feature, but gosh, it has me hooked and was such a good episode tonight! Any other fans out there?]

26 comments:

  1. Love the added texture in the leaves- way to work in extra Paper Smooches sets :) Haven't seen the show, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, love those trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply fabulous! The paisley design is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I love the card. I really like anything with trees on them.

    I too am addicted to Pretty Little Liars. I love all those kinds of shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love this...those trees are too fun...great card Karen..You did an awesome job with your guest design...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I love the various shades of green and how you added texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your trendy trees Karen... I feel a CASE coming on :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Karen! I especially love the paisley leaves. Fantastic cards you've made for Paper Smooches this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your paisley tree tops. Great idea and love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this and how you've placed one tree in front of the sentiment flag. Awesome design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so far out of the loop these days I have not heard of that show!

    Your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun to see all the new sets used on this card. I love your thoughtful placement of everything! Boy, when I get hooked on a show, that's it, so I didn't watch any this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the quote!!!!

    and of course i love your fab card with the paisley trees too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how I love your card!!!!!!!

    Haven't seen that series, but will put it on my list:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card...so uniquely pretty!!! Karen... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Paisley trees? LOVE!
    Fabulous CAS layout too, Karen! You've certainly rocked those Paper Smooches stamps!
    I do remember the series Pretty Little Liars...think it was on at the wrong time for me so I'll have to check it out!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was MIA for a bit but I am back. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love love love those trees, the colors are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. FABulous card Karen! Love those patterned tree tops, they are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute design! So creative of you to use a pumpkin for the tree tops. Haven't heard of that show. Will have to google to see what it's about.

    ReplyDelete
  21. so very clever! love how you created the trees. super card, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Swoon! I love this! Your pumpkin trees are fabulous and I love the patterns you created. So bummed your month at Paper Smooches is over already!

    Never seen Pretty Little Liars but there's nothing wrong with a good teen show! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I adore those trees! Congrats on your month at smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Karen! Thanks for linking this up to the Repetition Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete