Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I.O.U.


I must admit that there are a few I.O.U. tickets stuffed into the piggy bank of my boys. They seem to gather more quarters than anyone I know and it is tempting to grab a few to take to work for a soda during the day. I promise that I always pay up with the pig is cashed, and the boys make sure of it1

I.O.U. tickets! Paper Smooches has this card on their blog today! Why? Because I'm the August Guest Designer, I still can't believe it myself!


I used their new alphabet set, Graffiti, to create a thank you card. The I.O.U. letters were stamped onto solid card stock and perforated at the edge before attaching to the card base. The "thanks" sentiment comes from the classic Sentiment Sampler set and the fun brackets are also from the new Graffiti set. I followed a few trends on this card: ombre, color blocking and an ode to texting!

***In other news***
Been busy as a beaver lately behind the scenes, so excited for everything that is coming up. Gearing up for the August release from The Craft's Meow, just sent in my design for the September release... Did you read that The Craft's Meow is having a Design Team Call? Check it out here! You NEED to apply, trust me!

And...Did you see this? Hmm....could it be a hint of what is to come here on The Bald Dragonfly?


29 comments:

  1. Look at all the fabulous news oozing from your blog Karen. So happy for you and very, very well deserved!! Pat is the coin charge keeper at our house...so no IOUS :)! Love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this card dearie and congrats on the PS GD gig!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever, I look forward to seeing more Paper Smooches designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being the August Guest Designer for Paper Smooches!!! I can't wait to see what you'll be creating Karen! Your card is so unique, love those turned up ends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. girl you always have such fun designs...totally love this..

    ReplyDelete
  6. darling card. ALways excited about CM releases. Can't wait to see what's up your sleeve next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cool card. love the edges. Congrats with your new release and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool~clean and crisp! So happy for you~congrats and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun!!!

    yup i saw the dt call and am working up the courage to give it a shot.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Karen. Looks like some news...I am waiting ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the card Karen! I saw it over on the Paper Smooches blog and had to come and tell you how much I love it!

    Looks like lots of good things happening for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Karen... love the perforated edges :) Good things are happening for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh cool card...I need some of these IOU cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute card, Karen! Such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card!! And believe me, I can relate! ;) Congrats on being the August guest designer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. great card! congrats on your PS designer gig too...so well deserved! are you designing stamps or on the dt for 2 cute ink or the sugar kissed cottage? Aug 13th is awfully far away...*sigh* (typed with a pouty face) regardless of what it is, i'll be happy for you because you deserve all this recognition and work you're getting. and...i LOVE rose's new blog design...you rocked it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, and great reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sooo clever! Love your gradient of colour and repeated image!! Another great design Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Karen... You know how much I adore your creation!!! This card is GORGEOUS .... And Congrats on being the August Guest Designer for Paper Smooches!!! hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rockin' your guest DT gig, Karen! I love the colour blocking on this fabby, fun card (I think I may need to make some I.O.U vouchers for myself! LOL!)
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're stealing money from your kids, oh no!!! Glad they've got artful reminders of mom's deep pockets. (I'm just kidding). Great use of the new Paper Smooches stamps, stop pinching yourself, we're all supre excited to see what you come up wtih.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So clever! The graduated colors and bent ends are so cool. Excited to see what you have been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it! I can't wait to try this with my distress inks! I love that font set-I see me owning it in my near future! And it looks like you have a lot of fun things going on!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. congrats on the PS guest gig and all your upcoming designs. you are awesome!! oh, and what a fun card too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a brilliant idea Karen, love the colours you chose too :0)
    Looks like exciting times ahead for you, I wish you well for everything you do :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  26. very fun and unique idea, Karen! super card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ha, this is what happens when I get behind...could have guessed what was going on days ago :>)
    Such great cards Karen, you are always inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete