Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lighter Load


Hee, hee, leave it to Skipping Stones Design to make you chuckle this morning! Welcome to the Skipping Stones Design Release Blog Hop and this week's sketch challenge! If you are following the hop you should have arrived from JoAnn's blog. We are going retro this month and featuring sketches from past designers. Also, we are showcasing the newest set in the line-up, Bras 3! This set is packed full of punny sentiments that are sure to make the recipient smile, but at the same time there is a powerful, meaningful message behind them. There are also two great lingerie images too!


I promise I was inspired by the sketch, even though my interpretation might be wide. I saw the circles in this patterned paper and went with that. I added a banner sentiment and ribbon tab to have a place to hang the bra from. The bra actually has a bit of lacy texture to it as well, I'll have a tutorial coming up soon as to how I did that with only two supplies!

I look forward to seeing your creations on this week's sketch challenge. You can find all the details, along with prize information, on the Skipping Stones Design Blog. But now, I'm going to send you over to the next designer on the hop, one of our August Guest Designers and a very talented individual, Tenia!

**I get to share some big and exciting news tomorrow so I do hope that you have some time to visit me!**

34 comments:

  1. I can see the inspiration! Love the bit of May Arts ribbon, great tie together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background and what a great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny sentiment and lovely card! Looking forward to your news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous sentiment and your take on the sketch is so different...Love the way the bra hangs on that signpost

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that teal and yellow combo! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee! Love this sentiment, love that bra too ;D
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, this is so awesome, lol, what a bra!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute and fun! Thanks for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol!! so fun! love the doily background and the color contrast and support it provides (pun intended) :D love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a crack up...love the sentiment! After four kids...I need all the help I can get :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you crack me up!!! too funny.... this card is fun and pretty! ... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have one of the bra sets! Gets lots of chuckles when I use it too!

    Greatjob! Can't wait for your news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! Love the background! Wonderful!
    Hugs,
    Karen C
    www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your background is just stunning Karen. What a fabulous card and I love the bra and equally fabulous sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hehehe this is so fun :)
    will be here tomorrow for your exciting news :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you stapled the bra to the tag with the sentiment. Glad to be hopping with you TWICE this week! Can't wait to read your good news.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The sentiment cracked me up! I love how you used the mini staples to attach the bra to the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So funny! That would crack anyone up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your choice of colors and who doesn't love SSD's humor? Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha! I love your layout and background. Such a fun card to share with an "intimate" friend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card! What a hoot(ers). LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Supa fun card! Love the sentiment and your fab bg!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Karen, I just love your card and how you interpreted the circles! Those doilies are just perfect! Love your colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tee here! Love the touch of bling and the ribbon tab!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The doily background is so inspired and the colors are so luscious! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. this makes me smile! love the lacy bra and the ribbon tab. beautiful card, Karen!

    ReplyDelete