Thursday, August 16, 2012

Little Charlotte

**Please scroll down for the Lil' Inkers Designs Blog Hop**

"Little Charlotte she's as pretty as the angels when they sing. I can't believe I'm out here on her front porch in this swing, Just a swingin' (swingin'). Yeah, and we'll be swingin'. (swingin'). Yes, we'll be swingin'. (swingin')." Swingin' by John Anderson.


So my thought process sometimes goes like this: I saw the stick, I saw the cute owl, and I saw the cute owl just a swingin'. I've named her Little Charlotte. (Swingin' was one of the first country songs I ever listened to in my memory!) I had a card featured on the Paper Smooches Blog yesterday for the August Paper Smooches Guest Designer. The owl came from Spookalicious, but nothing spooky about Little Charlotte today. The wings were stamped twice and fussy cut in order to grab the swing and not fall off. The sentiment is from Word Up.

So much fun these Paper Smooches Stamps are!

27 comments:

  1. So CUTE!!! The twine for a rope swing is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte is adorable! Love her swinging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic song :) Love Charlotte...she is adorable on that rope swing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - too cute!!!!!!!! The twine for the rope swing is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rope swing Karen, super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Little Charlotte! I think that's the first country song I remember too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute. I wish I had a swing like that in my front yard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is great Karen!! So fun and i LOVE the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the sweetest! Love the string!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, I totally remember that song! This is so adorable! Clever clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Little Charlotte is CUTE!!!! What an adorable idea to have her on a swing!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this combo of colorful papers, totally happy card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. An owl on a rustic swing seems such a perfect idea somehow!!! Fun card :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your thought processes and the awesomeness that comes from them! Little Charlotte is adorable and looks fabulous in those fun colours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so adorable! i love the little owl's chevron pattern body :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. too cute and clever! darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This little owl is totally cute, and I love that you've used it on a non-Halloween card. Awesome layout, too!

    ReplyDelete