Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Mr. & Mrs.


Large, rowdy wedding receptions are pretty popular here in Wisconsin. Lots of music, drinks and tons of friends and family. There's no other feeling like being announced as The Mr. and Mrs. when you walk through the doorway at the local hall for your Grand March. You are two of a kind. Mr. and Mrs. A whole new life begins.





I'm lucky enough to be showcasing another card for Paper Smooches as their August Guest Designer! I played with Daisies and Paisleys again, this time opting for the daisy stamps instead of the paisleys! I added a sentiment from the set, as well as from Word Up and the heart from Vegtastic. The images were colored with Copic and a simple May Arts Burlap String was added to ground the flowers and visually separate the sentiments.

****On another note****



May Arts has teamed up with Basically Bare for an amazing showcase of products and samples this week. My project went up yesterday, and as always, there are prizes up for grabs if you wanted to take a peek!

Today is the last day to enter a project for the two sketches up over at Artful Delight! The prize package is your choice of a free scrapbook or card kit! Check out the details here!

31 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is awesome! Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your use of the twine is super and the flowers are colored to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Mr & Mrs card... so not the feel of a card I recently made for a CA Mr & Mrs.. love it. Your May Arts project is amazing... already left love over there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card Karen! I really love it, and your May Arts post from yesterday was great - loved all the textures/layers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! So so sweet and your colouring is gorgeous! I love non-frilly wedding cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! The colors are great together and I love the idea!! Also the sentiment is totally fun! It rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great card Karen. Love the CAS style snd that May Arts twine. MY all time favorite of theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the super sweet heart between the daisies...perfect Mr & Mrs card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card, amazing shading too! You're rockin' the Paper Smooches stamps!
    Hugs!
    x
    P.S I hope one day I get announced in the same manner! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet wedding card...Sounds like weddings are a blast in your neck of the woods :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh how i love this card...love the added burlap string and those flowers are too cute...love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this - it's different and so sweet! We got so many wedding cards that were the same (store bought cards are so limiting!) and this one would have just thrilled me to no end! I love your story - and it's true! I still blush and giggle (8-months later) when someone calls me Mrs. Schaitberger!
    {deep sigh}
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally caute!! Love the fun vibe to this wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh i love this take on the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a sweet card Karen!
    The sentiment is absolutely perfect with your stamping!

    TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic CAS design! Your colouring is perfect and this makes for such a fun wedding card, LoVe it Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore PS fonts and sentiments! So fun! And I just learned you are in WI. I was a live-in nanny for a year in Franklin. I learned not to mess around when talking about the Packers *insert nervous laughing*

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a sweet and adorable image! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful wedding card Karen... so sweet... I love it... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. super awesome PS card! Love how the burlap twine wraps up the card perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  21. awwww.... super duper cute and sweet! love it and a fun way to use burlap, too. thanks so much for the inspiration, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute! I love the CAS design.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is too adorable and sweet for me not to comment.

    ReplyDelete