Friday, August 12, 2016

A Monochromatic Gnome


There was a garden gnome; A funny little man.
He had a big red face and held a water can.
As soon as it was dark and no one was around,
He would water plants all around the ground.
He would water flowers and the apple tree, 
Very late at night so no one else could see.
How he loved to garden, it was his favorite chore.
When the daylight came, he turned to stone once more.
~William W.


I love going to camp...MFT's Camp Create! I'm participating in my third session, and sad to see it end, as that also means the end of summer is coming too. Today's card is for the Monochromatic Magic Challenge. I started by inking up a white panel of cardstock with teal-greenish inks, with heavy ink on the bottom and lighter to no ink on the top. I then cut the panel with the Fringe Die (which I can't find on the MFT site, it was the Free with $60 for July??). These were adhered to a white card base, to mimic grass.


I stamped, colored and fussy cut one of the cute gnomes from You Gnome Me and tucked him into the field of grass. I finished the card with an embossed sentiment from Birthday Bears. I'll be back soon to show my other cards for Camp Create...

2 comments: