Sunday, August 21, 2016

I've Got Your Back


I'm totally convinced that the animals in the forest have a party every night, as when I leave my window open I hear all sorts of noises in the woods a few feet from my room. And if there was a party, the chipmunks would crawl on top of the fawn's back, and the bluebirds would perch on the chippie's tail.


I'm playing along with A Blog Named Hero's August Challenge: Pop of Color. I started with a soft stone cardstock panel that was embossed with a bit of texture. I then used the small stamps from both Hero Art's Spring Hello by Lia and Deck the Halls by Lia and some pigment ink to stamp some stacked forest animals. I arranged a bit of flora on each side of the animals in gray ink and then a sentiment with black ink underneath.


I also added some white paint splatters and then mounted the panel onto a white card base. I finished by adding a touch of black details to each of the animals.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, this is gorgeous, Karen! I love it! Who makes that sentiment? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Karen, love the little critters all stacked up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I love this creation, Karen! Those colorful stacked critters are too cute and I love all of the special details---touch of black details on the animals, splatters, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh...this is so CAS and oh so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen this is perfect, I love the colours and the splatter.
    I totally agree about the animals partying.
    I hope you had a nice weekend X

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful Karen, party and all! I totally Love the 'letterpress look' of this design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card. Love those subtle splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this CAS card! Absolutely darling!!

    ReplyDelete