Sunday, August 7, 2016

Freckled Elephant


Making cute little elephants even more cute by adding freckles has got to be one of the best crafty novelties out there. These little dots add so much character! Stopping in really quick to put this  post up, I am about ready to head out and see the movie Bad Moms. Has anyone seen it yet? Late to the game for me, but really looking forward to getting together with a friend to see it.



I started with the My Favorite Things Sketch 292 and based my colors on the My Favorite Things Color Challenge 50. I stenciled in a sky, die cut and stamped the cute elephant from Adorable Elephants, and then die cut two strips of grass from inked green paper with the Die-Namics Fresh Cut Grass. The elephant was colored with zigs, and some freckles added with White Enamel Accents. I then layered the sky onto a white matted background, and adhered this panel to a gray card base. Then I assembled my scene using dimensional adhesive on the top most layer of grass, and nestled the elephant and flowers between.

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! This is total cuteness! Love your coloring on the elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just saw your card on the MFT sketch page and wanted to check it out a little closer. Don't you love those elephants. I think I need to get mine out soon. Super cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet take on the sketch, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet little scene you created, love that elephant with it's freckles!

    ReplyDelete