Saturday, August 6, 2016

Succulent Birthday


I don't know about you, but there is nothing quite like the crafty feeling of someone going through your stash of handmade cards, appreciating your work and being so excited to take some home to send out to their friends and family.

I took a bit of a break from making cards for a week or two-I enjoyed some time with my out-of-state family and my boys! Finally, I was inspired by the current Waffle Flower August 2016 Challenge and made a birthday card to replenish my stash. I knew that the yellow and green tones would be perfect for succulents and added in the blue tones for a background.


I stamped, watercolored and die cut the succulents from the Succulent Stamp Set and coordinating Die Set. These were adhered (the middle one with dimensional adhesive) to a blue watercolored background panel that was trimmed with Lil' Inker Designs Silly Stitched Die Set and a green cardstock base. I added a white heat embossed sentiment banner and some mustard colored pearls to finish off the card.


I'm also joining in on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Celebrate!


What a better way to celebrate someone's birthday...by sending a handmade card. I just need to remember to do this instead of letting them pile up!

11 comments:

  1. How beautiful...I love succulents.
    I'm the same way...I have piles of cards and need to be better about sending them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen and Amy, you can invite me over anytime - I think ALL of your cards are just gorgeous and would be just tickled to have one! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card Karen and incredible coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the calming and pretty colors! You did a beautiful job, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is beautiful, Karen! Your colouring is so perfect! I love the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beautiful card! Great coloring! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those watercoloured succulents! So pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at Waffle Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!
    Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the way you watercolored the succulents! And the background you created is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! Great water coloring! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully colored!! Thanks for linking to the Waffle Flower Crafts Challenge!

    ReplyDelete