Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Thinking Seahorses


I tend to shy away from patterned paper, instead opting to create my own pattern with stamps. May I present to you a pattern of thinking seahorses!


I'm sneaking in at the last minute with my entry from the Lawnscaping Challenge #135: Patterned Palooza. As mentioned, I didn't reach for my patterned paper, but created my own by repeatedly stamping the cute seahorse from Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Sea Stamp Set, in both an aqua colored ink and white pigment ink. I then heat embossed the white seahorses and added some detail and shading with Copic Markers.


I added more to the pattern by stamping bubbles in black and covering them with Glossy Accents. I finished the card by mounting the patterned panel to a matching card base, adding a strip of patterned black and white washi tape, and some black pearl accents. For the sentiment, I used a stamp from Sophie's Sentiments and then hand wrote the "we're"...as there were many seahorses on my panel thinking.

7 comments:

  1. My problem with pattern paper is that I love it and if I use it then I won't have it anymore... go figure. Your pattern is so perfectly stamped and so so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paper turned out so lovely! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and I struggle with patterned paper too! I don't want to use it because then like Therese said I don't have it anymore. Plus I always want the paper to be the star of the show. Your pattern you created is so gorgeous--well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a fabulous stamped background! Wonderful card, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a beautiful job with your stamping to create the adorable seahorse background, LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic stamping Karen!! That little seahorse is adorable, love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No surprise that your stamping is so perfect it looks like patterned paper!!! Super cute sea horses!!

    ReplyDelete