Saturday, August 20, 2016

Tree Ring


Sometimes, just sometimes, coloring outside the lines is fun, liberating almost! 

The Heart Desires posted an absolutely gorgeous inspiration photo for
The Heart Desires Challenge 3. I decided to focus on the woodgrain and metallic, and skipped the succulents, just because I really wanted the beautiful Tree Ring Stamp to shine!


I first stamped the Concord & 9th Tree Ring in some maroon pigment ink onto watercolor  paper and heat embossed it in clear. I then added some fuchsia watercolor to the ring, going outside the lines in some areas. After the image dried, I adhered the panel onto a kraft card base. I then die cut the sentiment out of gold foil and finished the card with a few gold sequins.




15 comments:

  1. I like the rustic artsy pink wood paired with the glitz and glam gold!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liberating and very scary for me lol. Your bright pink outside the tree line colouring is breathtaking Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its really beautiful Karen, I love the gold against the pink xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! Beautiful design, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool and gorgeous all at once! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this! Your painting outside the lines turned out fab! Thanks for joining in at THD this round!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun take on the challenge! Love the pink tree rings & metallic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, LOVE the hot pink tree ring!!!! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at The Heart Desires!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pink with the gold embossed tree ring looks wonderful, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous juxtaposition of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the gold and pink combo!! Beautifully done, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The embossing + gold + watercoloring is such a fab trio! Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Karen, I've been meaning to get over here, linger and leave you a comment for ages now. You've been coming to my website and leaving such awesome comments. Thank you! And thanks for playing along at THD!! Don't you love this tree ring?! I adore what you did here! IT's a perfect addition to our challenge collection! Glad to finally make contact and hope to see you around THD for the September challenge!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete