Monday, August 8, 2016

Blue-ish Blooms


Blue-ish Blooms. And Blue Leaves. They can exist in the crafty world, right?

I'm putting an entry into the "Ellen Hutson Calling All Artists Pin-Sights Challenge" Challenge. It would be really cool to be a guest designer! I chose to work with Essentials By Ellen Fancy Thanks and Altenew's Beautiful Day Stamp Sets.


It's my first time using all four layers of the bloom included in this Beautiful Day set, and I love the results. I used one of the Altenew Blue Ink sets, Cool Summer Nights, to complete the blooms, then masked them off and stamped the leaves and buds in the darkest color from the ink set. I then outlined the edges in a cool gray copic marker. I stamped the sentiment in the lightest of inks and then overstamped and heat embossed in black, along with the stamens of the blooms.


(I promise, I am working on my photography! Although I am entirely grateful to be a single mom that owns a house, I do wish for windows other than north and south facing!)

11 comments:

  1. Karen what beautiful blue blooms! Love this card and your perfect colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is stunning Karen, love these beautiful blues together (especially with the grey outline)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally blue-tiful!!! Karen, I love my North side for photos - no harsh glare - and this photo looks great to me! Wishing you luck! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, this is absolutely gorgeous. I love, love, love how you only colored a few of the flowers. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! This is absolutely stunning! I am a sucker for blue and I love that you inked only a few of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen this is really beautiful ! the way you have only colored a couple of the flowers has made them really pop x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is gorgeous, Karen! I love your wonderful colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word. This is stunning. STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful pairing of products and your card is a masterpiece. I love how you selectively colored the florals and the soft shades of blue you used. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete