Thursday, October 27, 2011

Are YOU the Winner?

 
May Arts has teamed up with Creative Impressions/Luminarte this week!
I have a tutorial showcasing some quick and easy holiday gifts and an elegant card.

Tip: to my readers with school age children, this post may be just what you are looking for.
I would love for you to stop by the blog to check it out and let me know what you think!
(Word on the street is that there are a few giveaways going on there!)
Speaking of giveaways...
  My mother has been asking most every day if I've drawn a winner from
The Big Birthday Givaway Game
so I figured that since mothers are always right, that it is high time I posted one!
I wanted to say thanks again for everyone that chimed in! THANK YOU!!!
(PS...I have big plans when I reveal my favorite color, that will come soon.)
From the five posts, Random.Org chose the third day.
Then he decided to chose commenter number 47 who is...
 lisa arana!
 (Lisa, please email me your mailing address and I can get the goodies out to you this weekend!)

Let me tell ya, I had a super fun time with this whole giveaway thing
so there will be more to come, probably won't stretch it out over five days though...
(birthdays only come once a year so I had to make it big!)

And, I didn't want to write up this whole post without showcasing a card.
I made this using a variety of Wplus9 stamps.
One layer.
Little bulk.
Perfect for mailing.
Can you see the flocked snowfakes?

23 comments:

  1. I love the flocked snowflakes, Karen! This card is pure wintry goodness. Off to see the goodies at May Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, yes, I see those pretty snowflakes & love them!!! SUCh a pretty wintery card Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winner, off to check out May Arts and glad you let that fabulous card out of Flickr :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous ... and may be cased soon. HA! :-) Congratulations to Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty a nd wintery. I love it. I am helping a friend with some invitations, we had to make a stop at the craft store to get some bling, bling that she wanted to add to the invitions. Looking at your card, i am thinking "I should have gotten some for me" I actually walked out of the craft store with zero items.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so serene and lovely Karen! Love those flocked snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I see flocked snowflakes, darling stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card! I love the bling and the delicate snowflakes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this colour palette! It's so elegant and those flocked snowflakes are genius!
    Congrats to Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great post Karen, look forward to your favourite colour reveal :)
    Beautiful one layer card, I can see the flocking but I bet it looks better in real life :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky Lisa! :) Love your card today...absolutely stunning. And...great gift idea! Perfect for a nana! My mom would love this...and such handsome boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow this is so pretty... I love the falling snowflakes..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another stunner of a card. I just love visiting and seeing your beautiful creations.

    I had such fun playing along with your birthday game!!! The prize is just extra frosting on the cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to Lisa!!! And this crd is gorgeous- flocked snowflakes? genius!!! the perfect texture to capture their soft beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i adore both of your projects for May Arts, Karen. that card is just so elegant and beautiful. love the layered ribbons. very pretty one layer card, too. the flocked snowflakes add so much texture. fabulous work as always! Congratulations to Lisa, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to Lisa:)

    LOVE your little snowflake card---love the flocking! And those gems are perfect for the centers! FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  17. yahoooo for Lisa.....Love the sweet card...flocked snowflakes...that's pretty coolio!

    ReplyDelete
  18. congrats, lisa! what a soft, pretty card, karen! happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw your card over there and I loved it! I sure wish I could leave comments on their blog! Beautiful Christmas card using some fabulous stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay, Lisa! This card is beautiful. Love all the pretty snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous and so serene! I love the effect of them falling.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the wintery feel of your holiday card!! Your color choices are perfect and I love the texture added by the flocking!!!

    ReplyDelete