Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Glass Ornaments


My Christmas Tree each year is far from Clean and Simple. Far, far, far from it. I love the additions of the handmade ornaments each year from the boys, or the special godparent ornaments for them, or the fact of changing out the styles of lights due to circumstances beyond my control Perhaps someday I will have a big house where I can showcase two trees, the kind mentioned previously and one that is pristine, cultured, thoroughly thought out. It would have beautiful sparkling glass ornaments hanging delicately from string and showcased by twinkling white lights.
Welcome to the blog hop showcasing Skipping Stones Design's beautiful new set, Christmas Song and the sketch for Challenge #97! Wasn't Tammy's project wonderful?! (If you just happened along my blog today, start at the beginning of the hop at Skipping Stones Design.  The entire hop order is there and you can hop from blog to blog with ease.)

I stamped one of the ornaments in this set three times onto a textured embossed base, being sure to mask where necessary. The images were then colored and outlined with markers and strings drawn with a pen. All the design elements, except the sentiment, were outlined with a very light gray marker to add some depth to a one layer card.

Be sure to hop along and leave comments on all the fabulous designers’ blogs.  This month we are welcoming Andrea Ewen, Tammy Tutterow and Karen Christensen to our team as Guest Designers!  Cristina Kowalczyk will be providing all the fabulous sketch inspiration this month including the sketch we're using in today's hop! So, head over to Katie's blog for some more Skipping Stones Design inspiration and please link up your creation using this week's sketch at the Skipping Stones Design blog.

45 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! Beautiful colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Karen!! I love your color choices!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS design, Karen...love the bold colors of the ornaments and the subtle texture of the white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Karen! The ornaments are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning - I think the white space is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, you can make CAS Christmas cards and have a fully loaded Christmas tree, have you ever read the book the Nickle Nackle Tree? It's a NZ book, but... might send you some snap shots to give you a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you use set the ornament off the center!! The subtle color combo are gorgeous together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love how clean and simple it is and how dimensional the ornaments look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beauty!!! I love it so very much. Wonderful use of pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful, love the colors and your take on the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! I love the colors and clean design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning Karen. I love it and might have to cardlift this idea from you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Want to play a game of eye-spy with me? I spy a linen impression plate! :) I love the coloring...gorgeous and the touch of gray is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen,
    This is gorgeous! I love the sentiment as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous CAS card. love the color of ornaments. So envy you can have two Christmas trees in your house. I only have room for one - the crowded one. All the ornaments are usually at the bottom half of the tree because boys want to decorate the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The ornaments totally look 3-d, TOTALLY, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful Karen... your ornaments have so much depth!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Each of you brings something new and fun to the design. Love it - thanks for giving me an opportunity to visit your lovely blog!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful CAS style to showcase the beautiful ornaments you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love those ornaments Karen! Such a fabulous CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Karen! I really had to look closely at this when you said it is a one layer card! Your shading and masking are amazing and you've definitely sold me on this set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the coloring of the ornaments, they are so gorgeous! Fabulous card Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning ornaments, Karen! The masking & outlining add great depth to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful Karen. I love your designs...so inspiring. Thanks again for leaving such encouraging comments for me. It's a great feeling! To answer your question...I have NO idea why the pics aren't showing up in reader. I'm not very computer/blog savvy...which is why I can't email you from your comment :( Do you know of a setting I should check so you can see pics in Reader? I'll gladly make any changes to help. Once I know how to do it that is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. BEAUTIFUL! I love the richness of the ornaments. That is how I feel about my "messy" tree - each treasured ornament - so different and eclectic - is needed to make the tree feel right. I don't know about the designer trees - I'm not sure they would measure up after all. There is something about that tiny "mouse" drawn around my daughter's thumb-print from when she was 2 years old, mounted on a paper doily, yellow with age, that is like greeting an old friend every year.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You were spot on about the Christmas tree! Even the one at my parents place which we decorated each year was jam packed with ornaments collected over the years:-)

    Thank you for sharing your pretty card, I love the little bits of Christmas I keep seeing on blogs now and then:-) Definitely brightens up my day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is incredible, Karen. I love the unique look. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. My Christmas tree isn't CAS either--I love the nostalgic ornaments. Your card is so pretty and dreamy. The colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  29. All the white space is perfect for making those ornaments pop and be the focal point! I love the beautiful colors you used for them!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love how you used this sketch, the ornaments are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. love the green and bluse combo, karen:) adorable card and great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  32. simple beautiful! such an elegant card, Karen! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow! these are stunning! (and I love the hodge-podge-packed tree- sooooo full of memories!)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such beautiful colours Karen and great composition too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  35. LOVE the white background - it really makes the ornaments stand out! I adore the look of that linen embossing folder - I want one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. stunning. I love this card it is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh gosh, this is a wonderful card! I am with you on the trees, last year was the first time in a few years that we could actually have ornaments on the lower half of the tree and even then we had to be picky since there was a pup in our house!

    ReplyDelete