Saturday, October 1, 2011

Love Note


She'd send him pages, written in different colored inks with a few doodles here and there, of her thoughts for that day, of her thoughts of him. He'd send back a card or two, with a simple signature or a few words. Each kind were treasured just the same. Love notes.

I'm back again for World Card Making Day, and this time with a card. I was looking most forward to participating in a few challenges today, and I've been getting to do just that, with my sidekick.


Market Street Stamps is having a Block Party, so I grabbed my trusty Vintage Notepad Background Stamp again and was truly inspired to create a little Love Note, with a sentiment from Celebrate Cake. Oh the possibilities that these two stamps have!


The colors were driven by the gorgeous board over at Jay Gee's Nook. Goodness, it makes me almost want to swoon.



A few notes: The kraft background panel was sprayed with some yellow mist and stamped lightly with the notebook. All edges were inked to soften the look a bit. I folded the piece of lined paper and glued it down in a way that created some dimension. I lined the envelope as well but trimming down another envelope die cut.

Supplies:
Cardstock: (Kraft) PTI, (White) Office Max
Patterned Paper: (Olivia Collection) Basic Grey
Stamps: (Vintage Notepad, Celebrate Cake) Market Street Stamps
Ink: (Vintage Photo Distress) Ranger, (Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink Pigment) SU
Other: (Chipboard Hearts) Heidi Grace, (Envelope Die, Spiral Notebook Die) PTI, (Lemonade Mr. Huey Mist) Studio Calico

34 comments:

  1. Fabulous, I knew there'd be a card!!! Love what you've done with the hearts, and tell your side kick we can't wait to see what he creates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy cardmaking Karen!! It's a cute sweet card you have posted here :) Have a wonderful weekend, I know you will, at least your football team isn't tanking!! LOL. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute love note card esp how it is placed in the envelope

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of your side kick! So sweet...looks like he is having fun building car tracks! I adore this anniversary card...the hearts coming out of the card are perfect. Happy WCMD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card - and the story. I can add, that my own notes are pretty long - but his simple, heartfelt replies are like gemstones that delight me and I love to read them over and over again. He doesn't have to say much - he says it so well.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love the card and the story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the touching story and card. Your sidekick is so darling. Enjoy the rest of the WCMD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Karen, love all the detail, including that subtle background. I hope you have a wonderful WCMD :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super sweet anniversary note Karen, I love all the soft inking and the touch of colour in the hearts.
    I remember the days of laying on your tummy playing cars and lego :)
    Sweet photo.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your LOVE note card! Just darling! Love your partner in card-making! He is adorable! Happy WCMD, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore that crinkled up love note! It looks like it's been read and sighed over a thousand times. :) It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. FAB-U-LOUS! I love that little note and that you added some of your trademark misting to that card. :)
    Happy World Cardmaking Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card! I just love the note paper sticking out of the envelope and the glossy heart is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't tell you how much I love this!!! Amazing idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card Karen!! Happy World Card Making Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely!! that notebook paper adds so much- and you've got the perfect crafting companion! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's the best little stamping companion EVER!!! Love your little envie and how you vintaged this whole card up! Thanks for coming to the Market Street Stamps Block Party!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eeeek! Love that envelope idea! So did your stamping companion actually stamp too this time around? :>)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your stamping buddy looks so darn SWEET!!! This card is FABULOUS Kaen - seriously WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy cow, this is awesome, Karen! The notebook stamp looks so different in blue and brown, and I LOVE how you used the notebook die. I LOVE this card--like I do all of your cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so so sweet! I LOVE that envie with the love spilling out, great work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. handsome little guy, karen:) i love everything about that sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love this card - so many fun details. i especially like how you lined the envelope with patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww, so sweet - the card & the boy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So clever to use the Sprial Notebook die cut that orientation! I've only seen it used vertically for some reason. Love how you used the mini envelope! I keep going back and forth on that die.... The perfect anniversary card for a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I never would have thought of this colour combo based on the inspiration image but you have totally encapsulated it right here!

    I love the placement of the hearts and the cute envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  27. such a sweet story and card...love the cute pic of your helper:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is so very sweet! the photo of your sidekick is so cute! such a sweet post, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adorable idea with the envelope! Amazing!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is just darling and I love all the details! What a wonderful sidekick to have! My little one was the only who made a card on WCMD! He made one for my great aunt's birthday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awww, this is so sweet and clever! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Karen, love this card and the 'idea' behind it, inspiring! Thanks for playing along with us this month .... Ange

    ReplyDelete