Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sorry I've Been...


Husband (as he walks past): Hmrfphh...
Me (as I work photograph the card): Excuse me?
Husband (pointing to the card): Is that for me?
Me (with a puzzled look): What? No. I never give you cards.
Husband (looking smug): Well, it should be for me, Crabby.
Me (looking irritated): Oh, go away.


I'm pleased to bring back a Carbon Copied post after having taken a week off. This time Chari, from Little Miss Littleness is joining me. (Wow, talk about the talent that girl has!) It's a small world, turns out that Chari and I went to the same college! Go Wolfpack! So fun to make connections in the blogging world. Chari is part of the Lawn Fawn Design Team and her cards are always so amazing, fun and playful!


We are teaming up to participate in the current Lawnscaping Challenge: Paper Piecing! Both of us are showcasing the cute Lawn Fawn set, Critters in the Sea. I paper pieced the little crabs from the set with some scrap misted paper for the shells and red patterned paper for the bodies. They are holding a customized paper pieced banner. I knew I wanted to use that cute little crab in the set as it hadn't seen ink yet, so I came up with a pun and just went with it. The crab on the right was reversed stamped, I think that is called.


Please hop on over to Chari's blog if you haven't done so, I know she is going to have something out of this world. Check out this card she posted just yesterday-goodness, the idea alone is fantastic not to mention the skills and techniques represented in the card!

(**If you are interested in learning more about Carbon Copied or to sign up to participate with me, please click the badge on my sidebar to read more about it!**)

Supplies:
Cardstock: (White) Office Max, (Cranberry Crisp) SU
Patterned Paper: (Blues) Basic Grey, (Red) unknown
Stamps: (Critters in the Sea, Bannerific) Lawn Fawn
Ink: (Jumbo Java Veramagic Chalk) Tsukineko
Other: (Mustard Chalk Mist) Tattered Angels, (Marker) SU
Tools: (Dot Impression Plate) PTI

36 comments:

  1. Boy, have I needed this card to give lately! lol! Love it Karen! The texture and those cutie paper-pieced crabs make it one fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I think we all need that card to give to our hubbies! You are not alone. Love the paper piecing Karen. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute card! I could use a couple of those here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO so cute! Love your cute little no-so-crabby looking crabs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe, maybe you need to make another one that says "I'm sorry YOU'RE crabby" for your husband. :) Great job reverse stamping, those little crabs are perfect! Thanks for having me join you for Carbon Copied it was so much fun. Oh and thanks for the shout out for yesterdays card too fellow Wolfpacker! GO WOLFPACK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so cute! Just how I have been feeling lately too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card, Karen! Love the little guys. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should give a card to your husband some day, totally surprise him... but I'd leave the subject of being crabby along... chuckle chuckle on your story, I'm with Lynn, we've all been there. I love the conversations I have with my husband in the morning where I'm awake and he's half asleep and he just glares... Right, love the card, fun paper piercing and the reverse stamping is great, I've only done that a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would forgive anyone who gave me this card :) who wouldn't!
    Brilliant card, love the paper piecing Karen :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so stinking cute! I love the sentiment! I need to make that and give it to my husband, lol!!!! And thanks for playing along in our Lawnscaping challenge! You know how much we love having you here! You rock it every time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. DARLING card! Love the paper-piecing and embossed background!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute. great paper piecing. This crabs are tiny little to paper piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why is he calling himself crabby? :)

    Such an adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute! Adorable pp :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card Karen, I love the banner :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How utterly fun!!! Always look forward to Carbon Copied Wednesdays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who could be crabby looking at those cuties? Love your misting, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So adorable! Your card is crazy cuteness! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh so cute Karen!! Surely you are never crabby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow...this is very creative card...LOVE it, the crabs so cute holding the banner. Thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Luis thinks he deserves this card too. :) Love those sweet little crabs and their layered paper pieced shells! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. SUCH a great card and it would come in handy many times! love this, karen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome card, Karen!!! I love the sentiment. It's super fun and so very appropriate for those "crabby days" that us girls can have. LoL!... I love how you did your reverse stamping too. Fabulous work, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Karen, love this card and using that sentiment with the crab images. The dimension on the crab is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card Karen! How do you reverse stamp? Thought it could only be done on acetate, if it's what I'm thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  26. aww what a fun card... Love those cute little crabs..

    ReplyDelete
  27. ha!!!!! this cracks me up! great story too- and your reverse stamping is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is so cute and the conversation just makes me smile. =) fabulous way of using the crab image. love this, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  29. OHHHHH! Those little crabs are PERFECT! I LOOOOOOOVE this card--totally need to CASE it! I've been crabby A LOT! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOL...love the story about your hubby....

    What an adorable card...fab paper piecing!

    Off to check out Chari's card..

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your story is too funny! Beautiful paper piecing and adorable adorable card! Crabby or not! :-)

    Sorry, I have been swamped and I am trying to play catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lol... before i even read your story, I was thinking, I so need to make one of these for my husband. ha. Super cute Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Eeek, this is adorable! I love how the crab's shell looks sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cute card! Your paper piecing is superb and the punny sentiment is perfect!!! Love your story, too! FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete