Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Beautiful You...

They are so very brave, they are so very beautiful, all the women that come to the hospital for their treatments, hoping to get rid of the poison that is trying to eat away their body, and their souls. I can tell at first glance that they are fighters, they are striving to conquer the beast. They come in with a smile and they leave with hope. I admire the ladies for their strength, their beauty.

Please join me at CAS-tastic Wednesday Challenge - Focus On Sentiments! I'd love to check out your clean and simple creation that packs a punch with just a few words. This week's sponsor is Your Next Stamp. Check out the below design team links for some out of this world creations:
Angie
Deb
Maylee
Agata
Barbara
Bonnie Rose
Regina

Thank you all so very much for your kind words and encouragement in my previous post! I'm trying to play catch-up from a nice relaxing holiday weekend and hope to have many cards to share in the near future! Please check back in later...

Supplies Used: Cardstock: Cream (Archers' Paper Co.) Stamps: You're the Man (Practicing Creativity Designs) Ink: Creamy Brown Chalk (Colorbox) Close to Cocoa Pigment (Stampin Up), Transfer Title Rubon: Girl (My Mind's Eye) (thanks Jessica!) Other: Gems (Prima), Thread Tools: Corner Round Punch (Fiskars)

20 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful. Such a great CAS card with just a little bit of texture added to make it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this... that rub on is perfect.. it's BEAUTIFUL! LOVE THE BIG SIZE of it... gorgeous! hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Karen!! Love the bold red. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real stunner Karen. Perfect in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really fantastic! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That really catches your eye! A great thought, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that certainly is beautiful! I love the clean look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WoW, this is stunning, Karen! Love that bold image and the wonderful sentiment ... very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen this is fantastic! It makes me want to give one to all the women in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully said Karen and simply gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is simply elegant. I love it! and your story choked me up a bit- one of my best friend's husbands was given miraculous news yesterday- his chemo worked!
    So glad you had a nice weekend away- hope it completely relaxed & recharged you!
    And thank you for leaving such kind words for me- they mean the world...
    (and yes, vintage cream is a hybrid & generally does give pretty good coverage...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card... well done! And I'm so excited about my prize from yesterday, thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Will get cracking on my CAS-tastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just perfect, Karen. Simple and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So simple and so pretty!
    Great job with this card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. karen, this is such a great cas card-love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! love the distressed look and the one rounded corner!! fabulous CAS card!! love it!

    ReplyDelete