Monday, June 14, 2010

Nuts About You-Gallery Idol Round 2!



They survived a two year long distance relationship through phone calls and letters, cards and a few visits. He was a man of few words, she had a lot to say. But they were nuts about each other and their love withstood the miles and the test of time.

This is my entry for the second round of the PaperCraft's Gallery Idol Competition. Our mission was to think outside the box and create a masculine based card with actual items from the garage or items that live in the garage. What more of a challenge is out there than to create a Masculine Valentine's Day card? While walking through my husband's garage, under his watchful eye, I came across a bucket full of trinkets, including these nuts. The pun popped into my head. I kept true to my clean and simple style and adhered two nuts to the card with looped baker's twine and stitching. The sentiment is a rub-on, which determined the dimensions of the card.

You can vote here! Be sure to check out all the fabulously masculine entries! Voting for this round ends Thursday, June 17th at noon. Thanks so very much for checking it out and for your support through this process!

Supplies Used: Cardstock: White (Georgia Pacific) Robin Hood Red (Stampin Up)  Black (unknown source) Rubons: Providence (Making Memories) Other: Baker's Twine, Thread, Nuts

26 comments:

  1. What a great card! Masculine cards are very tought for me.....but you nailed this one!!! Best of luck to you in the contest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another winner, Karen! This is fabulous! A great idea, beautifully executed ... I love it!!

    Off to vote for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the simplicity karen.. you really nailed the sentiment! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So manly... love it!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, karen, this is just so perfect-wonderful idea with the greatest sentiment! good luck on this round:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! I love it! I'm a sucker for puns ;D
    Congrats on making it to round two, and good luck for this round!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, this is awesome!!! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen - I love how you maintain your clean graphic style. I love your clever attachment with the string and the sewing. You knocked this one out of the park, no doubt you will be moving along to the next round :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an imagination! Where will you find all these ideas! I hope that you'll win.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, this is such thee perfect dude card:) Great job Karen, and I love the pun...sooo fun...hey that rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heehee, fun pun! And fun way of stitching the twine on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this Karen! You've got my vote! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so clever!! love that you stick to your style! fabulous take on the challenge!! good luck!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute, Karen! I love the idea of stitching those string. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is brilliant- totally and completely! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this perfect CAS card!! And that baker's twine....Nice! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh....great design and all!!! You are gonna move to the next! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, Karen! You are simply amazing! I can see why you are a graphic designer - you have more creativity in your pinky finger on one day than I have in a year of full-out effort! This is so stinkin' cute!!! I'm off to cast my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a perfectly simple card. love it!! no doubt you are moving on to the next round.

    and i've gotcha on the long distance relationship...we are going on 3 years this july. only 7 more months to go though!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so clean and clever, Karen! You are such an inspiration. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are so PUNNY!! Hahahaa! Love this- very much your style & fantastic for this challenge! Already voted- can't wait to see what you'll do for the next round!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute! I love the sentiment! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is wonderful! I love the simplicity of the design and the pun. Good luck!

    Thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog earlier. You put a big smile on my face. have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  24. YAY!!!! I'm on vacation so I'm not active in blogland right now, but I just HAD to check in to see if you made it. YAY! YAY! YAY! You are doing such an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete