Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bolts for Dad

Hmm, funny. No story for this card, no memories recalled during the creation process. Gasp! I imagine it was because I'm fresh out of masculine card ideas.

I stamped the bolts in black, colored and shaded them with colored pencils and went back to highlight with a white gel pen. There is also additional shading along the bolts for dimension. I suppose a normal stamper probably would have used Copics but my budget doesn't like them so I don't have any. For added interest, the white sentiment panel extends beyond the card itself and is cut at an angle. The weather has been awful-terrible, raining...which makes photographing cards a bit difficult. I also can't see my table top to use the photo bulb-suppose it is time to clean it up.


I'd love to see your Father's Day Cards for the CAS-Tastic Wednesday Challenge! Do you have a great story for me since I've been missing one? The sponsor this week is Di's Digi Downloads, Diane is one talented lady! Check out the fantastic masculine creations of the other CAS-Tastic Design Team Members:
Angie
Deb
Maylee
Agata
Barbara
Bonnie Rose
Regina

Supplies Used: Cardstock: Riding Hood Red (Stampin Up) White (Georgia Pacific) Stamps: You're the Man (Practicing Creativity Designs) Ink: Onyx Black (VersaMagic), Citrus Chalk (Colorbox), Embellishments: Brad (Stampin Up) Other: Prisma Colored Pencils, Pilot Marker, White Gel Pen (Signo)

***Voting is still open for Round 2 of the 2010 PaperCraft's Gallery Idol Competition! Have you checked out the fantastic masculine garage themed cards yet and voted for your favorite?***

19 comments:

  1. with coloring results like this, you don't need copics:) love the white strip going off the card-great added interest and still cas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I love your masculine card...clean and crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... so masculine, I love it.... any guy wud love this card Karen! Love the bright colors u used.. hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great father's day card! I love how you highlighted the bolts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, one of these days I will have to get that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Although you don't notice it on first glance, the white gel-pen highlights make a world of difference. Without them it would look quite flat, but they sure look amazing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent card for Father's day! Love those bolts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those bolts are so cool, I thought you drew them on. I love how you can make stamps so "un-stamp" like. haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, Karen! Those bolts are the coolest; you've created so much depth with them, they look real! You're my stampin' idol ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stampin idol, wow, you've got a groupie! Nice job on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. My budget doesn't like Copics either and anyway personally I think pencils can look better. (Not so bright)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card. I have just bought a few Copics (I highly recommend the Copic Club at SavvynSassy .com if you want Copics at a deal - in Canadian prices, though) but since I don't know how to use them yet, I tend to grab coloured pencils first anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. can't wait to try that highlighting technique! Love the card Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. With coloring skill like this, you really don't need Copics at all! What a cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow -- your coloring is just fabulous, Karen! I couldn't stop staring at your card -- kept turning my laptop to catch the light better, adjusting my screen... wow, wow, wow. Can you tell that I'm very impressed?

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! The bolts look almost REAL! You are so amazing . . .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Best of luck to you in Round 2!!!! Your card is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought I was the only one without copics!! :)
    This is so great! Those bolts are fantastic- the gel pen & it looks like glossy accents (?) make a world of difference! Such impact!
    I won't get to see first thing tomorrow- but I'm sure I'll be seeing your name in the next round!!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. really cool dad's day card!! love the bolts and how you colored them!

    ReplyDelete