Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hybrid?


I like to blog hop like the rest of them and time after time I am so inspired. Do you ever get the itch to try something new?

I guess I could say that this is my first try at a purely hybrid card. I downloaded a scrapbook page, altered it a bit in my photo editing program, printed and sanded the edges before adhering. After adding a few embellishments, (rub-on sentiment, rhinestones, gel pen and glossy accents on white leaf...) I was done! Thanks to Alice and Natalie for their inspiration in creating hybrid cards and layouts that inspired me to take a leap of faith for this card.

This week's CAS-Tastic Challenge is a Color Challenge: to create a clean and simple design using Yellow, Blue and a Neutral. I would be tickled pink (er, yellow, blue and a neutral?) if you would join along. Plus, there is a fabulous random prize up for grabs, offered up by Michelle's Scrapbooking & More!

Please do check out the other yellow, blue and neutral combinations from the CAS-Tastic Design Team:
Angie
Deb
Maylee
Agata
Barbara
Bonnie Rose
Regina

Supplies Used: Cardstock: White (Georgia Pacific), Gold (Recollections) Free Limited Time Digital Image: Blue Leaf  from You Are Awesome (Jessica Sprague), Rub On (Stampin Up) Other: White Gel Pen (Signo), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Rhinestones


***Voting is still open for Round 3 of the 2010 PaperCraft's Gallery Idol Competition! Have you checked out the fantastic ribbon cards yet and voted for your favorite?***

35 comments:

  1. aah so it's a hybrid image, I was wondering what stamps those were? LOL Amazing card.. love the bright colors gf... it's really bright.. love that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Good on you for trying something new and continuing to push yourself!
    And I feel very lucky to have inspired you in some small way (again!!)

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I've resisted hybrid but now I'm thinking I might need to give it a whirl. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea hybrid could be so beautiful. Wonderful results with the sanding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hybrid card is soooo striking Karen...the colors are so crisp and vibrant...fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've voted!! I hope you win - you are SO deserving!! I love your hybrid card, too - very interesting!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that hybrid car of yours and genius is the name of the second one!
    Absolutely brillant!!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You can work magic into everything, Karen! Love your hybrid card. Will try to vote for the Idol Gallary! I adore your ribbon card! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, Karen! Great use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the hybrid card Karen, I'm still afraid to use these. Off to vote...

    ReplyDelete
  11. WoWzA, this is fabulous, Karen ... love it! GREAT take on the color challenge!

    And I see what you mean about being on the same wave-length ... kinda weird, huh?!? Will get back to you soon ... sending hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your hybrid card is just so mm,mmm,mmmmm YUM and soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very pretty card, karen!-love the look that the sanding adds it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So clever.. always! Great job on this one. I'm a little afraid of all the choices online, I sometimes have a hard enough time making a decision based on the craft supplies on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  15. your first hybrid card is gorgeous, Karen! i love the distressed background and the botanical images you used. beautiful! i love it!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hybrid or not it's lovely. that shade of blue is so calming. I just love it and the flowers are just the icing on the cake!

    I'm sponsoring a sketch challenge on my blog. I'd love for you to come and play along.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! Almost looks painted :) Got my voting done :D AND, finally got inky today after 2 weeks and got my card uploaded to CAS-tastic! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous! Totally fabulous. You know I love the bright colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your cas card...the colors are so summery. I thought for sure you dry brushed on acrylic paint and then stamped!! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so fantastic Karen! Way to branch out there! It is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. great card- LOVE this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Karen you are brilliant! I love both cards. I never make hybrid cards, but this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card! The CAS-tastic challenge looks fun, I will have to check it out.

    good luck with paper crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I just love your card - it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Even when you work outside of your comfort zone, you produce such beauty right out of the box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your hybrid card! The sanding is an excellent touch.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well I'm impressed. I have no idea how to use digital paper nor how to manipulate it! I like the vintage/shabby feel without it being "brown" if you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, Karen! What a fabulous hybrid card! Such a cool effect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have no idea that it's a hybrid card until I read your post. I thought you used some fun technique on this card. It's so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a terrific card, Karen! The colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Karen, this looks GREAT!
    I just recently started experimenting with "hybrid" cards too. LoL. So I know what you mean about trying something new... You really did a fabulous job on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW!!! This is AWESOME!! This is the first time I've heard of the hybrid technique. Probably partly due to the fact that I'm living in a bubble called "summer camp" these days! HA! I haven't had a chance to craft in so long! UGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a fresh and fun card. I just love those colours together!

    ReplyDelete