Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Flower Favors


I'm one to not underestimate the value of a thank you. I never forget a favor or kind deed and I usually will repay them in some shape or form. There are many people in my life that have supported me through this great and wonderful hobby and I am slowly sending them tokens of my appreciation.

Just a fun little gift card or jewelry holder with matching note I made up with the quite wonderful templates offered at Denami Design for their latest challenge found here. These were easy to download and easy to print which makes them perfect for me. I randomly stamped a flower background on the template paper before cutting and assembling (on the non-printed side-thanks Lisa!) and then came back and colored the flowers with colored pencils and glitter glue. The card uses the leftover circle stamped on the printed side and the same flower stamp set.

Have you voted for your favorite masculine garage card at the 2010 Papercraft's Gallery Idol yet? Voting for Round 2 closes Thursday morning. Here was my entry!


Supplies Used-Favor Bag: Cardstock: Kraft (PTI) Stamp: Spring Solitude (Stampin Up) Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine) Other: Stickles in Ice (Ranger), Prisma Colored Pencils.  Supplies Used-Notecard: Cardstock: Ballet Blue (Stampin Up) Stamp: Spring Solitude (Stampin Up) Mega Mixed Messages (PTI) Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine) Other: Stickles in Ice (Ranger) Tools: Corner Round Punch (Stampin Up) Circle Cutting System (Creative Memories)

22 comments:

  1. your pencil coloring on the kraft is something i've not tried-i didn't realize how well it would show up on the kraft!-tfs!

    sweet bag and matching card, karen:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the color pencils on the kraft! Sweet giftie duo:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen! I love the fact that you used kraft paper to create your sweet gift and your matching card is adorable. Great take on the DeNami challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. U amaze me.. love those little bags.. they are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling, Karen! Like Laurie, I really like it printed on the kraft paper!

    So glad you were able to join us in this DeNami Design challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right about thank-you's. I try to send them out as often as I can, but still need to do it more often. Your stamping on template is really pretty, great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo cute, Karen!!! I love the way the colors look on kraft! And I love the matching note card too. That's a great set for any occasion! Niceee work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the colored pencil on kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this to pieces!! Doing the head thump for not thinking about printing it on something other than white cardstock! Brilliant!! So glad you could play with us at the DeNami challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Karen! Love that template, too ... looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute little set, Karen. I'll have to check out their templates. And good for you for being so diligent about acknowledging nice things people do for you. That's an area I'm trying to get better at. Since I was 5 posts behind on your blog -- congrats on making it to round 2 in the idol contest. That's great -- and love the way you used the baker's twine on your garage item card. Also, those funky purple flowers a few posts ago are very cool. And the puppy? Adorable!! Brave you adding another dog to the mix -- but so sweet that you realized what it meant to your father-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are one super terrific, clever girl! My head is, literally twitching from all of the wonders in this post. SUCH beautiful work on the THANK YOU box.... {I so HEAR you on the gratitude list... If I had a nickle for every card I THINK of sending.... OMG!} But that "man" card... *THUD!* AMAZING! I am blown away by the elegant simplicity... and nostalgic image and sentiment! YOU are truly gifted! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FANTASTIC creation Karen..wow...I love the challenge from DENAMI too..hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great set! I love the color pencil flowers- soft, subtle & lovely! Great use of the templates- I've only done that once- it was WAAAAAY more work than I'd anticipated. Maybe I will think that going in next time & it will seem easier!! *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this!!! I am so glad you did the challenge too :) Its lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome! And your gallery submission is amazing :) (as always!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are gorgeous!

    I've awarded you a Beautiful Blogger award - please visit the following link to collect it: http://jess-paperplay.blogspot.com/2010/06/beautiful-blogger-award.html

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful stamping and colouring Karen. Makes me want to pull out that stamp set and play.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute. I love your idol card too! So clever! Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really lovely Karen! :) It would make the recipient so happy! :)

    Your "nuts about you" card is just awesome! A really simple idea, well-executed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great combo- I went, downloaded a kit, with full intention of making the deadline... hum, now that I look at the clock I don't think it's going to happen! Glad you made it though.

    ReplyDelete