Saturday, June 19, 2010

Tiny Treasure

They weren't quite sure what they were doing. They didn't know if his diaper was on snug, if he was getting enough to eat. They didn't have a clue how long they should let him sleep or if he was too cold or hot. They did know that somehow they would make it through, and that they were blessed with this tiny treasure, their precious baby.

The layout of this card is based off the sketch at TiffanyDoodles Challenge as well as this skinny fawn image. I adore this fawn, to me it represents all things and emotions in life that are new. There is also a Let's Get Sticky Challenge over at Wee Memories, so I was able to incorporate some super sweet sticker sayings in my card. Always fun to try out different styles and this card is certainly a departure from my normal CAS designs. Perhaps treading away from the normal is one way to find your true style, what works for you, what you like.



Supplies Used: Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Naturals White (Stampin Up) Patterned Paper: The Stack 5 (DCWV) Stamps: Baroque Motifs (Stampin Up) Digital Image: Skinny Fawn (TiffanyDoodles) Chalk Ink: Creamy Brown (Colorbox) Hybrid Pigment: Vintage Cream (PTI) Pigment: Pale Plume (Stampin Up) Other: Sticker Sentiments (SRM Stickers), Circle Rub-on (Kaiser Craft-Thanks Natalie!), Twine (PTI), Pearls in Lavendar (Queen & Co.), Button Tools: Labels 8 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Scallop Trim Border Punch (Stampin Up), Corner Round Punch (Fiskars)

23 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I love the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen - how precious! I absolutely agree...you do have to try other styles in order to find your true style and yours is great! :) I always love looking at your interpretation of the sketches!! Wonderful job and thank you for all your wonderful comments on my blog too! Enjoy your weekend - Cathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with this sketch! Such pretty colors to this card and that fawn is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little fawn is so cute! I love the designer paper you used! Have a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very soft and sweet! I love how the little fawn looks with the paper piecing. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen! You made this fawn so cute with your card and paper piecing! I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card Karen! I love how you've paper pieced the little fawn, it looks lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Tiffany Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So soft and gentle, perfect. I like the little bling after the sentiment, nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is just sooooooo gorgeous. I love this one a LOT!!
    I love the stamping on patterned paper. I never seem to think of that! (not that I stamp a lot - which is especially sad considering the amount of stamps I own)
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhhh what a gorgeous digital image... love this card!!!!!!!! U are right, that fawn is so beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous take on the sketch! i love love love this, Karen! so pretty and elegant in its own way. beautiful soft colors, too. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet image- it looks awesome on that patterned paper! :) Love all of your details- your take on those elements in the sketch are wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww...this is really sweet! Love the soft colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is sooo wonderful! LOVE it! Congrats to you and exciting to see what you have in store for us in the next round! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats so adorable, love the muted colours and the lovely sentiment.. you really know how to jazz up a simple sketch and make it fabulous:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Karen! I love what you did with the fawn and thanks for playing with us at Tiffany Dooles!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super lovely card, Karen! I love the fawn image too and now you inspire me to create a card with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, check out your wonderful paper piecing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Looks lik evryone wrote what I thought...this card is so unique and beautiful. I see a new style....is born, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sooo cute! Love that you cannot even tell the sayings are stickers! And that fawn image! I need to get ahold of it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning, love it. Love that image too. Thanks for playing along with Tiffany Doodles

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Love your paper piecing on the fawn! so pretty & serene! Thanks for playing along with us at Tiffany Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is soooo cute!! Thanks for playing Karen!! :) :) :) :) Sorry it took me so long to get around to visit, its been crazy around here. Hope your enjoying your summer!!!

    ReplyDelete