Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Super!

I've been told she doesn't care for glitter, she doesn't care for the color pink. She likes baby animals, the color orange, and everything earthy and bright. This teenager has a heart of gold. I've never met her, but hopes she likes her birthday card just the same.

The delicious Color Cue Challenge combination and Limelight Papercraft's sketch challenge from last week were a perfect match for this card. I first stamped a background pattern of the outlined fern and butterflies on blue, then ink distressed the edges and sponged a bit of color inside each element. I then stamped a woodgrain pattern on the orange pattern and gave it the same treatment as the blue. I took the digital file found here, created colored silhouettes in my photo editing program and printed on white paper. I went back to add the spots with a brown maker. I like the contrast of the distressed treatment on the colored paper against the stark white and clean design of the printed fawn patterned paper.


Supplies Used: Cardstock: White (Georgia Pacific) Blue, Orange (Recollections) Stamps: Woodgrain Silhouttes (Wplus9) Digital Image: Skinny Fawn (TiffanyDoodles) Pigment Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise (Stampin Up) Other: Rustic Twine (PTI) Button (Fiskars) RubOn: ChitChat (Stampin Up) Tools: Corner Round Punch (Stampin Up)

23 comments:

  1. wow gf.. this is so striking.. love those deer silhouettes, where do you find all this stuff?? I don't hv a color printer.. :( so I can't take advantage of these kinds of things... oh well... I love your card!!!!!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...this is so sweet! I really love the woodgrain! :)

    Have a great week Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors girl! The little fawns just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...I think it is perfect-o!!!! She is going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!!!
    You did fabulous with both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been enjoying your recent posts - really like the layouts for their clean style and the way they complement the photos, not the other way around. And I was thrilled to see your work in the Gallery Idol competition - sad to see you knocked out last round.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um...LOVE! This is so fun! Great way to use those colors! Way to go Karen, she is sure to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! I love the woodgrain. She is going to love this

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd say she'll LOVE it- you've captured all the things she likes & created a soft, sweet card without it looking 'girly'! :) The contrast of those colors/distressing against the white is wonderful...great job with the challenges & card as a whole! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you made more then one card with the sketch, and they look totally different! Well done. Now you're making me think I should do another one with those colors....

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're right, perfect color combo! Too bad I couldn't play... But your card is beautiful! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you rocked dawns challenge, karen:) sweet deer images and great take on limelights sketch:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw! I love those little fawns. So Sweet! Great take!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to combine challenges! Awesome card. Of course, I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow!! i love love love how you used those pretty colors and those fawn silhouettes are so cute!! fabulous card, Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohh...she'll love it! That's for sure! I love that you digitally colored the fawns!! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karen, this is fabulous! The deer (or does??) repeated with the colours is just fantastic. You are such an inspiration!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh the colours are just perfect, but better still that you highlight them with the repeated (very cute) deer!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, DEER! Oh, dear, oh, dear! This is ADORABLE! Karen! Sheesh! Talk about kicking one thought the uprights! Dang, girl! This is some rockin' use of color and ... {I need those digital deer stamps, even though I'm a digi - phobe!} I'm pretty sure you've just made the finest argument for hoarding STAMPS I've seen in a while! The blog-o-shpere is a far better place with your artistic gifts and vision! Thanks for gracing Dawn's Color Cue with this FUN and fabulous piece-o-paper crafting!

    Have an excellent 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the mix of stamps & colors on this card, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic and very original. I love those deer!

    ReplyDelete