Saturday, June 12, 2010

Meet Tucker...And A Thank You


The boy and his grandpa walked side by side, the sun shining so that their figures where silhouetted against the vast cornfield. One was a rookie, the other a veteran. One asked question upon question, the other answered kindly and shared his knowledge of all things past. They were a good team, the boy and his grandpa.

Meet Tucker Rocket Ready, the red boned coon hound puppy given to my oldest boy by my husband's father. I personally didn't want the expense of another puppy and I didn't think my son was old enough to take on the responsibility. That is, until I recognized the importance this one puppy held for my father-in-law. He wanted to share everything he knew of his favorite past-time of coon hunting with his grandson that has the drive to be the next Wilson Rawls. I gave in and he arrived home today. Wiggly little fella, and oh so darned cute.

I don't have any cards to share with you today...I am making a few keepers and tossing a few rejects for the next round in the Papercraft's Gallery Idol Contest. Thank you to everyone who supported me during the first round, it was so very much appreciated! I will treasure your comments and this experience for a lifetime. Little did I know that less than a year ago when I stared this blog (ironically when my husband and son where out coon hunting with the father-in-law) that I would have met so many wonderful people. Thank you.

24 comments:

  1. Woohoo on the Top 15! And your new pup is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting adventures for all... congrats again, the creative cards will come, don't stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PUPPIES ARE A HANDFUL!!! :) Yours is a doll. I love those big floppy ears. I wish I had someone who could help us train ours. I'm afraid we're running blind....I can't believe you've only had your blog up for a year. Surely you were crafting long before that, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tucker is just adorable, karen:) have fun with the next idol round!

    ReplyDelete
  5. his is sooooooo adorable!!! look at those cute doggy eyes! =) congrats on your new family member!

    i don't think i had a chance to say Congratulations to you for making it to the second round of the Gallery Idol!!! so well deserved and i LOVE your beautiful modern card! can't wait to see what you made for the next round! =) have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not surprised about your success with the Gallery Idol - your art is amazing!

    Tucker is so CUTE! What a doll - he looks very young - that will be a lot to handle! Are coon hounds easy to train? I don't know a thing about them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh these photos are so so cute!!! adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tucker is a doll! Congrats on the top 15! I will be voting for you and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay, you MUST heard me "woot woot" when I read your name....seriously karen...I was thrilled to see you in the top 15...your style is shining through my friend and I couldn't be happier for you.

    Tucker Rocket Ready...soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh he's adorable... good luck in the 2nd round! Can't wait to see what u make!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww puppy! So adorable Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO CUTEEEEEEEE!!!!!
    I love puppies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the "shout-out" on my blog! What an adorable puppy! I just kept staring at his picture for about 15 minutes!!!!
    Absolutely love all of your amazing cards! You are one talented lady!!! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you made it into the next round of Gallery Idol! I can't wait to see your next card. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet, dear Karen- that is one adorable puppy. I don't envy the work he will be, but I do, with all my heart, appreciate the reasons you welcomed him! I'm sure Tucker Rocket Ready (so great!) will be a great fit! :)
    When I read the next card subject for idol I just about squealed- SO up your alley!! You will rock this round too!!! :)
    Thank you for your sweet comments- I enjoy them more than you can imagine!
    Have fun creating!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwww, isn't Tucker the cutest! Good luck with the puppy stage...so much work, but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. He is the cutest thing EVER!! Congrats on your continued success. The art you share with everyone deserves a big thank you to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tucker is such a sweetie! Puppies are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a darling puppy! I hope he brings your son and the rest of your family many fond memories for you all to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just had to stop by and say CONGRATS on making the Top 15!!!!! I'm SO EXCITED for you! That new puppy is so stinkin' cute!!! Who could resist a sweet little face like that?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Karen, you are weak! In all fairness though he is too cute and no reasonable mama would have been able to resist! Best of luck on the next round.

    ReplyDelete
  22. He is so cute! I wouldn't be able to resist this face, either!

    ReplyDelete