Friday, April 16, 2010

Conquering Fear



I'll admit, I'm scared of a lot of things. Some of which I share (like clowns), some I keep inside. I can proudly cross off my fear of using a number of bold bright color in one small area.
For this card, I created my own patterned paper using pigment inks and large polka dots on white paper based on the colors from the Curtain Call Color Challenge. I went back and softened the white with a yellow rub. I heed and hawed around with what to do with the paper and decided on a birthday tag based off of the sketch at 2S4Y, bright and cheery! Not too much to share today, I've got to get back to being the nurse-it's a lot easier today.




Supplies Used: Georgia Pacific White Cardstock, SU Pixie Pink Cardstock, For the Love of Dots Clear Acrylic Stamp Set from Practicing Creativity Designs, SU Only Orange, Green Galore, Yoyo Yellow and Pixie Pink Pigment Ink, SU Butterfly Die and Chit Chat Rubons in White, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Fiskars Scallop Border Punch, Making Memories Jumbo Eyelets, Gems from Reminisce, White Satin Ribbon from Offray, Button from Cloud9

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors and you use them so expertly! Great take on the sketch challenge, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable tag, Karen! love those bold dots with the soft butterfly:) thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tag is so beautiful. I love the bright cheerfulness. Wonderful for a bday or get well. Bright colours probably work better in a small space rather than a large one. A Large one would scream "too much!!!" Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so cute!! love the embossing and the butterfly and the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on those colors Karen! They sorta scared me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Karen! The butterfly reminds me of the material "Dotted Swiss" So pretty! And springy! Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  7. So colorful! Love your embossed butterfly! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that fabulous stamped background! super tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on conquering one of your fears, and you did it magnificently. The card is just gorgeous. I have to say that I'm glad you don't have more ER stories to share today! You've had too much I hope you get a break for awhile. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy...this is super bright & fun!!! You did a spectacular job!!! Love how you used a tag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm scared of clowns too! You rocked the colors so you can boldly say you faced that fear and won! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my card.
    Your tag is gorgeous and I love the embossed butterfly. Well done on working with one of your fears!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the BIG and bold dots and the butterfly is to die for Karen! thanks for playing along with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful, Karen!!! Your pattern paper looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. very pretty - I especially love that this is a tag
    Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great use of the colors! What a fun card to brighten someones day!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these bright, bright colors! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love yours, too! :)

    ReplyDelete