Monday, April 19, 2010

On Being Modern



We are supposed to be remodeling and my husband asks what color roof shingles I want. Black. What color siding. White. What color interior kitchen paint. Beige. What color carpet. Tan. Yep, not too exciting. But, if I were to be hip and modern, my color scheme would be bold splashes of yellow on a gray and white backdrop.
The Curtain Call Color Challenge appealed to the inner depths of my soul by featuring yellow, white and grays. I created a clean and simple (and I hope hip and modern) card through bold color points and quiet background patterns. (I paper pieced the flower.)


Supplies Used: Georgia Pacific White Cardstock, CTMH Grey Flannel Cardstock, SU DSP, SU Summer Sun Cardstock and Pigment Ink, Colorbox Charcoal Gray Ink, Woodgrain Silhouettes Wplus9 Clear Acrylic Stamp Set, SU Circle Punch, Rhinestones by Reminisce

17 comments:

  1. fab design, karen! love the flower peeking off the side of the circle bg panel:) thanks so much for joining us again at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love these colors together!! Some of my favs right now (although I haven't used them much on cards)!! Girl... my house is all color! I need to tone it down a bit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I would love to do some bright accent color in my house but I get scared too! Although I have big plans of painting my front door red this spring! Whoo-Hoo! Stepping out of my box!
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Karen! Definitely a modern card. I love the pop of yellow under the jewel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card has such a fresh modern feel. Love the simplicity. Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen you did a fantastic job with those colours. I love the yellow flower and rhinestones and the yellow tab balances it all out so nicely. I'm learning so much from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing design! It's elegant and whimsical at the same time :)
    Hugs from Madrid!
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dead on girlie! Love that yellow and gray together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sigh... i am in love with this one, Karen! so very pretty! LOVE the half circle tab/detail on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...So pretty. I really love your designs :) off to check your other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job with this week's Curtain call colours :D Ghanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. clean, simple and surperb! love you take on the colours! thanks for playing along with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm finally back. What a beautiful card! What I really like yellow crocus !

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore the background stamp! love the card so elegant and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card, Karen! Bold, modern, clean and fresh! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous CAS design! Thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call this week! xx

    ReplyDelete