Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Sky's The Limit


This morning I woke up to a pretty blue sky and the birds chirping outside my window. That was the only noise for a long time--how lovely, how relaxing. I took the time to research some new challenges and create another card for the lady at work who is retiring. I guess my last A2 card wasn't big enough for all the signatures. The colors and patterns for this card were inspired by the current challenge at The Play Date Cafe and the sketch is from Get Sketchy. The card has a bunch of paper piecing and faux stitching, and a lot of elements out of my normal designs, but I appreciate the outcome and that I had the opportunity to really challenge myself.

Supplies Used: Georgia Pacific White Cardstock, Blue Cardstock from Reminisce, Daisyd's Wonder Years DSP, Look Up Stamp Set from Practicing Creativity Designs, Colorbox Chalk Ink in Charcoal, SU Silver Cording, SU Black Marker, SU Mat Pack, Silver Eyelets (no source)


17 comments:

  1. Oh... so pretty!! Love it! You do so well with Courtneys sets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stitching and the different textile! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really? so those stitch lines are faux stitches? wow they look so real though. love it! you are making me wanting to get this stamp set, girl! you have done such wonderful cards with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an inspiring take on that sketch! And how do you do your faux stitching?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card girl! So glad you were able to enjoy some down time creating... Those are good days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVELY....seriously....I can't believe it is faux stitching....happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice card, I love how you've done the stitching, it's great! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe challenge. Hope you join us next week too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the stitching on this card! Those clouds look like they're fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting! I'm blown away by the stitching on this card! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! Love the balloon and clouds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The stitching and the paper piecing are just wonderful. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Faux stitching? REALLY??!!

    Gorgeous and what a fabulous interpretation of this color story at The Play Date Cafe : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Karen! Love your faux stitching! Thanks for playing with the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness... what a playful take on the sketch... i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun card! Love the hot air balloon in the sky. Thanks for playing along with us at PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute card--love that stitching! Great take for both challenges! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete