Tuesday, April 27, 2010

In Wonderland





I read the real Alice in Wonderland to my oldest son for a bedtime story not too long ago. He was fascinated. I was fascinated. The story truly is amazing and full of eccentricities and characterization. The fabulous challenge image at Off the Wall Craftiness eluded to the Wonderland Tea Party and I pulled out the butterflies, bold colors and patterns with a clean and simple interpretation. I kissed the cute butterfly image onto some different patterned stamps to create texture and then randomly stamped the outline butterfly over the mask for a background. (Wplus9 has a great tutorial on masking here, a great technique for clean and simple designs.)

Supplies Used: Cardstock: SU Pixie Pink and Whisper White Clear Acrylic Stamp Sets: Woodgrain Silhouettes from Wplus9, For the Love of Dots from Practicing Creativity Designs Ink: SU Pixie Pink and Only Orange Pigment Ink, Colorbox Chalk Citrus Yellow and Lime Pastel Ink Other: Signo White Gel Pen Tools: SU Corner Rounder Punch, Staples

19 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love the bold background color! And the butterflies!

    I love Alice in Wonderland! I did a swap based on the book and had to read the book all over again to get ideas...it was fascinating indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I am so glad you are playing along, I think a lot of people are having a hard time with this challenge :) I also love that you used Dawns masking, wasnt that a great tut, it is so simple but sometimes you just dont think about using the things you have around the house for cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at your breaking out the bright colors! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic Karen! Love the texture you added to the solid images. Ingenious...kissing off is one I haven't tried yet, but you've inspired me to give it a go. Thanks girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the bold pink and the butterflies. great card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the bold colors pop! I went to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D when it first came out and it was sooo cool! Oh how I would love to live in the bright colored world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bright and beautiful, girlie! I love the way the background turned out and the result of the stamp kissing is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like very much textures on the butterflies! Very attractive card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so simple and beautiful! love those yummy colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Karen! LOVE those fabulous butterfly stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the design and beautiful citrus colors in your card, Karen. Alice in Wonderland is a true classic. I have always enjoyed the imagination in this story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute Karen! Love butterflies and the colors are so fun! This card makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok...I seriously heart this! The staples on the setiment is just fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute! I LOVE the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wooooooh.. So many cute cards since I last stopped by! I'm loving your use of staples and all those WPlus9 Stamps.
    This card is fabulous with the bright colours and the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow- this is just super!! love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete