Saturday, April 24, 2010

Instant Human


The alarm goes off. And maybe it goes off again. I methodically do my morning chores and try to wake the boys. And then I maybe try to wake them again. I'm rushed. I send one on the school bus and drive the other to daycare. I punch in the code to enter the building. And I maybe have to punch it again. I drop off my purse, grab my most favorite mug and waltz to the coffee pot. I pour coffee. I maybe pour some more. Aah, now I can begin my day. Instant human. Just add coffee.
This card was created with the Moxie Fab World Get Sketchy Challenge in mind. Something a bit witty that perhaps might put a smile on your face? There are tons and tons of great entries so if you wanted to grab a cup o' joe and take a look see like I did, its worth your while!

I'm going to give this a whirl in the Caardvarks Monochromatic Challenge as well. I'll call it the coffee or coffee bean sack colors.


Supplies Used: SU Nutural White Cardstock, SU Linen Background Stamp, SU Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Close to Cocoa, True Thyme Pigment Ink, Ranger Distress Ink in Walnut Stain, Karen Foster Stickers, Sunflower Pearls from Queen & Company, CM Journaling Pen, Cardboard, Brown Linen Thread

19 comments:

  1. Love love love it!!!! Did I say I love it! That card sums up my life!...seriously I can so relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh yes, there is always a fresh perked pot in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun Karen! Love it. Is that lady shape a die? I loved this sketch but haven't got around to it yet - I wonder if it is still open... off to check! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE this Karen...sooo very true for me too:) Soooooo creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please put spew warnings in the titles of posts like this. I almost spit coffee all over my laptop! Toooooooo cute! I'm an instant human!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Karen - and your clever sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful...I have a mug with that sentiment on it. I'm impressed with this clever and witty card design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are on fire! I am so digging all of your cards- and this one is totally moxie fab!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for leaving such nice comments on my blog! I LOVE this card! I can't wait to look through the rest of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, This. is. awesome. And I've never even had a cup of coffee in my life! (I'm a tea snob all the way baby!) I LOVE, love the BG you created here. Just amaing and full of detail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh great card! Love the background. And what a great speech bubble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so creative! and the sentiment is so funny! love this

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so adorable, love the sentament to funny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous card. It looks amazing and makes me laugh too! I love your humorous cards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Karen! Thanks for entering the Get Sketchy Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too cute!! Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HAHA! This is the best! Such a great card!

    ReplyDelete