Saturday, April 17, 2010

Grow Old Along With Me


Grow old along with me / The best is yet to be / When our time has come / We will be as one / God bless our love...

I hear the song in my head as I start to create this card for a bridal shower. I pull out the sentiment, peal the clean and graphic crocus flowers and stick them to the acrylic block. I cut the natural white cardstock and coral ribbon. I'm going to create a clean and simple card. The song plays over again in my head. I recall images of my own wedding almost nine years ago. A smile spreads across my face. I ink and reink the flower, creating a natural rhythm of them growing and growing. I stamp the sentiment and stitch the ribbon to the card. The song (or my version of it) is almost done, and the memories tuck themselves back to sleep. The card is finished. Back to reality...

I enjoy making cards for the journey each takes me to and for some reason this one came together quickly. I used the colors from Wplus9 Color Cue Challenge and my new stamps from the same company. I'm slowly chipping away at my wish list and am so glad that I picked these up. Love 'em!

There is also this awesome new challenge out there called CAS-tastic that I'm entering this card in it (because I love it)! Please go check them out.


Supplies Used: SU Natural White Cardstock, Wplus9 Woodgrain Silhouettes Stamp Set, SU Best Yet Stamp Set, SU Bordering Blue and Marigold Morning pigment ink, American Crafts Ribbon, Fiskars Corner Round Punch, Thread

20 comments:

  1. I love the little stories you share with your cards Karen! Cute card, might have to case this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, this is such a pretty card...love the ribbon tab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card.. CAS.. love it... great job w/the color cue challenge.. I am gonna try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and heartfelt post - complete with wonderful card! This is fabulous, on so many levels! What a marvelous shower card! I love how you've shared your process and made Dawn's Colors and gorgeous images tell your story and express your talent, so flawlessly! Fantastic work! Delighted that you joined the Color Cue challenge for this round! Yipeee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love this, Karen! beautiful stamping and design! love how you used those colors, just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful one layer CAS card. I always find one layer cards make me nervous. You can't just hide the mistakes you got to redo the enitre thing. Love the fizz ribbon tab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking at your wonderful creations and really love what you do with just a little bit of ribbon. I am going to start stalking you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I forgot to tell you that I really love the creative way you do your machine stitching on cards.....I will be using some of you your ideas on some of my cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another perfect card! So simple, yet beautiful. Just a little bit of ribbon goes a long way with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of that stamp, Karen! I'm itching to get it, too! I should, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Karen!! Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog! I'm so happy you did because I LOVE your blog! I will come back....that's for sure! I love this card too! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cardmaking story was so beautifully written (as an English teacher, I can really appreciate it). LOVE how you layered those crocus flowers! I really hope my set arrives in the mail this week (I'm dying to get my hands on it and ink it all up!!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful use of the crocus image Karen. And as usual, love the bonus story you always give us with the creation! I love the detail you added where you attached the ribbon, it adds so much interest.

    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is perfect! I love everything about it! Love your tag down below too... love the bright colors... so fun and springish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the clean look and the tab with the stitching:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely! I think I'm about to tackle this color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! I love all the simple little details that add up to a big wow! Congrats on the CAS-tastic DT! Very exciting and WELL deserved :)

    ReplyDelete