Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Private Plane



Someday my sister and I are going to travel to Ireland. I understand it is as beautiful in real life than in the novels. We are going to fly and we are going to have one amazing time. In the forty or so years we have to wait, we'll just have a good time when I travel by car to see her!

This card was created with the Off the Wall Craftiness Challenge in mind-to create something related to travel. I've never made a card for such occasion but it was rather fun! I used the sketch at 2S4Y (flipped) and lots of layers and stitching. The pink panel and black and white panel or both zig stitched to the card base, the tag is also stitched. All the edges are inked to give it that well-worn, time to go home look. I think I shall give this to my sister who will more than likely fly somewhere exciting soon for her job, I'm sure!



Supplies Used: Kraft Cardstock from Archer's Paper, Making Memories Just Chillin' Girls DSP Collection, Making Memories Passport Embellishments, Fiskars Airplane Stamp, Practicing Creativity Designs Look Up Clear Stamp Set, SU Sincere Salutations Stamp Set, Chestnut Roan and Creamy Brown Chalk Ink, SU Corner Round Punch, Thread, Envelope

***If you've made it this far: This is my second post for tonight and I would be honored if you wanted to meander down and see my first post!***

13 comments:

  1. Love your take on the 2S4Y sketch, Karen! So unique! Hope you get to take that trip to Ireland soon (definitely before "40 or so years"!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Karen!!! Love the collage design and colors you chose :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been a busy lady....two posts! wow. And this card is just as fantastic as the last but in a softer scale. Were those scallops hand drawn in? I've always wanted to travel Ireland....actually I have wanted to backpack the UK for years but like you I'll probably have to wait until the kids have left home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute..I love how you used the travel theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on both challenges, Karen! I love your work!!! You are one incredibly talented designer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO pretty!! Thanks for playing along w/us this week @ 2S4Y. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely images for this vintage card! You are certainly very versatile in your designs, Karen! Love your take on the sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great Karen!!! Its my dream to go to Ireland too!!! Good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! Great polka dots and stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. karen, such a neat card...love the travel/shabby chic look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very pretty collage and love the distressed look! fabulous take one the sketch! i love this!! =)

    ReplyDelete