Tuesday, January 29, 2013

3x3

**Please scroll down for my Paper Smooches CHA post as well as the Skipping Stones Design Blog Hop post.**


The ants go marching one by one, hoorah, hoorah. The ants go marching one by one, hoorah, hoorah... The Ants Go Marching was one of the first ever books I ordered from Scholastic when my baby was in daycare, and I will never, ever, get rid of it. Both my boys loved it, and the best part of it all is that they mostly loved it when I read it to them because I made the corresponding noises and voices, etc. (The Ants Go Marching and Cowboy Bunnies.)

I made a 3x3 card. Its a wee bitty thing! When I read of Moxie Fab World's 75 Creative Card Challenges Week: Make an Itty Bitty Card, this stamp from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps was the first that came to my mind. I stamped and heat embossed it in green onto a stitched rectangle die cut, then mounted that to some patterned paper and then onto a card base. Reminds me of the no-fuss kind of cards that you give men... You still want them to look nice, but you've got to get the point across and not use too much of the "expensive stuff".

Today's Tip: Embrace mistakes. I didn't get fine results from embossing so I embraced the grungy look and reached for masculine colors and designs, as well as inked up the edges.

*Lynda, I wasn't able to contact you via email or find a link to your blog. I've updated my previous two blog posts with the answers to your two questions!

31 comments:

  1. gotta love grungy embossing...awesome lil card that packs a big punch:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best things in life are often the little ones!! Love this card. I love the song and book too. Now i'm gonna be humming that all day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little card! I love how you've embraced the grunge with this as the temptation with small cards is to keep them really clean. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tiny cards are so fun, aren't they? Love the perfect sentiment you used, Karen - so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card with the PERFECT sentiment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen you card is just so cool and the Lil' Inker's square is perfect fro that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect sentiment for a little card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well it might be a little card but it packs a BIG punch! Love the die cut you used for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great card and perfect for the sentiment. love the grungy look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you embraced the mistake... you have created the perfect 'little' BIG card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A perfect little card! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sentiment couldn't be more perfect for this little cuttie! I really find your tips so useful too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love the cool background paper and the grungy feel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great sentiment for a mini card!!! WOW!

    Love that background paper too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's got to be the perfect sentiment for a mini card! What a cool mini too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great save, Karen. The sentiment is perfect for a little bitty card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. perfect sentiment for your little card :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab grunge! I love making itty bitty cards! That sentiment is perfect for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your card and your tip.
    I must work on that ;-)
    Thank YOu Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love those books we can still recite from them being little! This is great- and no mistakes show to anyone but you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Girl that patterned paper in the background is awesome! Love the green base!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the big sentiment and bg on a mini card. great design :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. No kidding perfect sentiment for the challenge. Great sentiment any old day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. FANTASTIC take on this challenge, Karen!!! LOVE that sentiment and the stitchy square layer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Karen! Thanks for linking this up to the Make an Itty Bitty Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a great design for a masculine card. Love the background pattern and that stitched frame for just the right amount of detail.

    ReplyDelete