Friday, January 18, 2013

Inspire

**For my CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Post, please scroll down**


If I were ever asked why do I blog, and spend so much time blogging?, I guess my answer would be to inspire people, and be inspired by people. To share and learn. To make friends, build friendships, strengthen them. I do enjoy blogging, and you, my friends, inspire me.

The Craft's Meow

**Thank you for coming back if you've already seen this! I accidently scheduled it too early, had to take it down and reschedule it for the proper time. My sincere apologies.***

Welcome to the second day of The Craft's Meow's January Release. (You can read more about the releases at The Craft's Meow!) The design team members are showcasing a follow up to Beautiful Shelf, a fun set called Crafty Shelf, designed by Nina B.

For the layout, I chose to work with Retro Sketches sketch, and stamped each of the crafty elements in green and then shifted slightly to stamp in black. I trimmed out the banners and finished the sentiment with two words from another stamp in the same set.

Today's Tip: Save your solid scraps and sort by color. For a clean look, pull out one color bag and find different shades of the color and use them on your card in a color block fashion.

You can be eligible to win Crafty Shelf from The Craft's Meow by visiting the blogs and leaving a comment!

21 comments:

  1. Great card and great use of scraps. I wish I could tell you I keep them, but nope I toss all my scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, you have perfect timing! Last night I sorted through all my solid colored bits and pieces of scrap paper and boy, do I have a lot. I love the idea of using them in a color block fashion. Your card is stunning with the three shades of green. I also love how the greens make the black pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool use of scraps! And great comment RE: why you blog:) I'm there with you! Have a great weekend Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool design! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your color block approach to this design, Karen! This looks like a fabulous new stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful take on the sketch, Karen!

    I hope you know that you really DO inspire so many of us! Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you used the greens Karen, great new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blocks of color with the fun images Karen! This is a cute stamp set ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card for a crafty friend!!! Can't wait to see this full stamp set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the colorblock effect...you do green better than anyone I know!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool card. I love those little banners.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great new stampset & love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen your amazing.. I love this..great style my friend..

    Happy Friday..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards always inspire me!
    i just love your eye for design and colors ;-)
    this card is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your card Karen, and I hope you know already that I turn to you for inspiration quite often and am never disappointed!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. and you always inspire me, Karen! =) love love how you showcased the images on this one. fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. As if the crafty stamps and colour blocking weren't cool enough you had to add that little banner and make it amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete