Saturday, January 26, 2013

Orange Love Letters


The littlest one came home the other day and emptied his backpack to show me his projects, like he does every day. Except this one day he was hurried and zipped up his pack rather quickly. I knew he was hiding something and upon questioning, he sheepishly pulled out an envelope that I thought was from a girl (because of the nice handwriting?). The outside of the envelope had a big orange heart and his name written underneath. Then he showed me the letter inside, which simply said Love You. No name, though. And his lips are sealed, he still won't tell me which friend gave it to him.


I have a few really sweet and simple Valentine's Day cards to show you, all featuring items from the Artful Delight January Card Kit. These are all for Winter's Cards from the Heart Card Drive. Artful Delight is one of the sponsors, which is another great reason to make a few cards and send them in before January 31st!



The red card stock in this kit is nice and thick, rich and vibrant., and absolutely perfect for card bases. I inked up the various bees from the Paper Smooches Stamp Set from the kit, colored them and fussy cut them. Some I added stickles to the wings, others were covered with white enamel accents.

The February Artful Delight Kits will be revealed tomorrow on the Artful Delight blog, I can't wait to see what it will include. Seriously these are the best kit

27 comments:

  1. Oh I'm smiling at your little one...Marcel is very open that he likes a little girl in his class, Ally, but "she doesn't talk to me. she said okay when I told her I liked her." Cracks me up. These valentines are oh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your little one was hiding the envelope from you and as his Mother you knew it. Such a sweet age.
    Both of your cards are wonderful Karen. I love the bold, yet simple designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I hope you are a scrapbooker as well as a card maker. The wonderful stories you share about your children would be perfect for scrapbook pages. Your cards are adorable. Love those little bees and the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwww....you just gotta love little boys. such a sweet story!!!!!!

    Your cards are fabulously fun, bold and I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that story about your son - so sweet! And your cards are adorable, Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol Love your little story! That's too cute. :) Love your cards! The red is very nice and bold!! LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet little story...puppy love! Cute cards Karen, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bold red... and maybe you can his brother to share the news??

    ReplyDelete
  9. These bitty bees are too too adorable!!! Awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet about your son!! Lovely bright cards, just what we need with all this winter weather!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These Valentines are ADORABLE, Karen!!! The kiddos are going to LOVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so adorable! Super cute Valentine's cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so cute..loving all the fun bright colors you have been using...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute story! Isn't it funny when they start having their own little lives and things like this start happening? Love your bright bee cards ... would wouldn't love to get these fun ones on Valentine's Day?

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are gorgeous, I love the cute images and fabulous colours.
    Thank you for your kind comment on my card today, I am your newest follower!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww, that's so sweet! I miss those kinds of love notes :)

    Adorable cards, great idea to cover some of the winds with enamel!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are a whiz with PS stamps...love these cards. CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are oh so sweet, Karen. Perfect for the card drive!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sweet! And so is the story!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww! So cute!! Sounds like you have a future heartbreaker on your hands. :)
    Love this fun collection of bee cards especially that fabulous red cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute!!!!!!

    LOL - love that your son has a little admirer!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love the story about your little guy's secret admirer. So sweet!
    Loving these bold and bright Valentines too! The popped up bees' wings are a great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the strong color contrast. sweet cards, Karen! i can't imagine how you felt upon hearing your boy's secret admirer. proud? =)

    ReplyDelete