Sunday, January 13, 2013

Clear to See


Do you believe in love at first sight? Having struggled with getting over a relationship, when my mother mentioned that there was someone I should meet at a wedding we were about to attend, I wasn't too keen on her suggestion. But as I saw him walk down the aisle as the best man of my childhood friend, I knew he was the one. And after hearing him say "If you are sorry, you'll dance with me later" after I accidentally (truly, honestly, accidentally) bumped into him during a line dance at the reception, confirmed my belief that he was "the one."

I was inspired to create a little Valentine's Card for the current Moxie Fab World's 75 Creative Card Challenges Week: Make a Card with a Window. I pulled out the Lifestyle Craft's Nesting Circle Dies, and with one die cut a circle from the front of the card, and with the next size larger die, I die cut a circle from the Adhesive Backed Metal, adhered it to the inside of the card base to create a mirror look. The heart is suspended by fishing line to obscure some of the mirror when viewing the card from the front.


When you open the card, the metal provides just enough of a reflection so that the recipient sees his/her own reflection. Lifestyle Crafts has given me a code to share with you...enter the keyword DRAGONFLY for 20% off! From January 21-27, you can enter the code for 50% off! Lifestyle Crafts introduced a ton of fun new products for CHA.

Today's Tip: In the words of Cath from Moxie Fab World: "The whole purpose of creating a window on a card is to add an interactive surprise." My interactive surprise is seeing your face in the circled mirror when opening up the card and finishing the sentiment.

35 comments:

  1. Love the story:)
    Such a fab card..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww what a sweet story and a darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very clever card. I love the interactive window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the interactive card and wonderful story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet love story. And, your card is wonderful. Love the idea of the mirror, and your hanging heart is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, Karen!! Your cas cardio truly stunning and so creative.
    What a sweet story. You just know when you meet the one, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, I'm a hopeful romantic... Your story warmed my heart!!!! How sweet and romantic!!!!! Beautiful card and perfect sentiment!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweet story and sweet card, too! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How romantic, both your wonderful story and your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a romantic story of how you met your hubby/the one! I love the surprise elements of your window card! Beautifully done, Karen! Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool is that? Both the card and the story! Well done on the challenge and finding "the one," Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card - I might just have to CASE that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cool is this? I love the card Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is darling! I love your story and your card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with everyone - this is sooo cool, Karen! What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karen I do believe and your story is beautiful as is your card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So clever, your mirror is genius and your card (as always) looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. sweet story :) and yes i knew my hubby was "the one" at first sight. i shocked him, my friends, and myself when i blurted out my phone number to him across the room!! :)

    love your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Precious... mirrow windowed CAS card... sounds like fun. I had to break up with my "one" to realize he was the right person... so I don't always think we know at first (especially when you're 18 and full of life and the endless possibilities out there).

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a terrific story!!! Adorable card too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww, love that story! So sweet! I love the mirror surprise too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great story and a card that reflects it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awe...This is such a sweet story! And I just LOVE your card!! Very clever, in what you did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. perfect! great take on the challenge. a winner me thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE your story!!!!!!!!! I think sometimes there IS love at first site for sure!!!!!

    Love the use of the mirror behind the heart! You are just so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. PS: Your link to Lifestyle Crafts didn't work for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE a good love story. *sigh*
    Thanks for sharing it with us...and this beautiful card too Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  28. thanks for sharing the romantic first encounter of you and your husband. such a sweet story! =) very neat idea with the mirror idea. super card, Karen! i'll have to take the advantage of the discount code very soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm such a sap & your story is so very romantic. As for the card - it's genius! The mirror idea is so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE ... your story, the card, how you tied it in with the challenge, everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. OK, window + interactive. You got it - hook, line and sinker!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey Karen! Thanks for linking this up to the Make a Card with a Window Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete