Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Remind Me...(take 2)


*Yikes, I did it again and pre-scheduled this post too early. My apologies, and thank you for coming back twice.*
Remind Me...How old are you going to be? My oldest son says that to me a lot. It is almost like he is baiting me sometimes and others it is out of honest curiosity. I do remember thinking nine years ago that I was old enough and grown up enough to have a baby before he was born and then thinking that I was too young and didn't know what I was doing when we did bring him home!


Today is the last day of the Lil' Inker Designs January Release. Have you hopped along the past two days? So many amazing projects featuring this month's release! If you are following along with today's hop, you should have arrived from Judith's Blog. I once again have two projects today, the first one being a card featuring Snarky Lady I, a set featuring the Sugar Kissed Cottage Vintage images.


Lots of fun sayings in this set to go along with the gorgeous gal. I used the one that says: Remind me...How old are you pretending to be? I stamped the gal and colored her with markers, and then just added some patterned paper, May Arts Burlap String and a tiny paperclip.


This next card features Bunny Star, an adorable and petite set from the 2 Cute Ink line. I colored him with markers, fussy cut and added it to the card with a stamped sentiment on the Stitched Rectangles. I finished by adding some glossy accents to the star, ears and his cute little tail. Super easy, but I think super cute too!



I hope you liked this month's release and projects! As a reminder: There is a prize up for grabs too-one winner will be selected from comments lefts on one of the participant's blogs, so please be sure to let us know what you think! Please be sure to stop by the Lil' Inker Blog for additional details. Up next is the delightful Laura.

31 comments:

  1. OMGosh these are so cute!!! Love the fabulous designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colouring is so so good - first card is truly awesome but I just love the cute little bunny and unexpected colour combo of the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous cards. I love the images and the colours and layouts are wonderful.
    Thank you for a fun 3 day hop!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. You woke me up with that second card! What a way to let that little guy shine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marcel guessed that I was 26 the other day and then guessed that I was 80...hmmm...I liked 26 better! Your cards are adorable Karen...I love the sweet little bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving these bold, bright cards! The off centre framed image on the first one is awesome and that bunny is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. both are wonderful...that first one is so striking...I'm such a fan of the color green...your 2nd card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so fabulous! That little bunny guy is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, thanks for sharing your story about your son. My son told me for years that I wasn't old until I hit 50...I guess I'm now considered old!!! Your cards are fabulous. I really like the layout on the first card. I like how you have the panels slightly off centered. It is really eye catching. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! LOVE all the green on the first card - and the second one is so bright and fun!!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen your cards are wonderful today, as always. Love the orange stitched mat. My 15 year old daughter was talking to us about a teacher who is 'not young', she is like your age Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards Karen, I just love the first one to bits! My neighbor's son was at ball practice and told another boy "my mom is 29...you know she's been 29 for a long time"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the first card is so pretty and i lover your coloring. that bunny on the second is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are wonderful! Love the fun sentiments on the first set and the bunny looks so fluffy and textured!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colors on the first card. Cute bunny card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards! Love that Snarky Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful coloring! The lady is perfect for a St. Patrick's Day birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards! Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two wonderful cards! I really like the little bunny on the orange card. The gray coloring really goes well with it and he's so cute! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Terrific cards! Love the color combo on the first one and that sweet bunny image on the second card!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your little Bunny Star, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice cards...the first is so elegant with the beautiful greens and the the bunny is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  23. wonderful cards!!! I LOVE the colored paper on the first and the color of the bunny on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome projects, Karen! Loving your coloring, papers and layouts!! I love your little dark grey bunny too! So sweet! Nice job! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow!! The coloring and shading in the first card is out-of-control fantastic! Beautiful! The second card is so fun. I'm loving the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your cards are incredible Karen! I just can't keep my eyes off the first one, it's coloured perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  27. she is quite dashing isn't she?? Lovely card!!

    Then the cute card to boot!

    Great creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  28. love the vintage feel of the first card and the second one is soooooo cute! fab simple design, too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So pretty and perfect in it's delicate sarcasm. Love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete