Saturday, January 19, 2013

Happy as a Lark


Yesterday, acceptance notifications went out for Paper Craft's Magazine July/August 2013 edition. Although I didn't submit anything, I still enjoyed reading the postings of my crafty friends newsfeeds and sharing in their joy! The talented Virginia mentioned that she was happy as a lark because she received some awesome crafty news! Congratulations~

The Craft's Meow


Welcome to the third day of The Craft's Meow's January Release. (You can read more about the releases at The Craft's Meow!) Happy as a Lark just so happens to be the name of one of the sets debuting today, as well as Lark Additions (which is free gift with a $50 purchase). And the set just so happens to have been designed by me! I have always wanted to create a large background stamp resembling tree bark, and this set has it! It also contains a smaller stamp of some knotty bark, which I showcased on my card today, and a bird. Oh how I love birds. Both sets offer a multitude of versatile sentiments in a pretty mix of fonts, I do hope you enjoy!

Today's Tip: Inspiration can strike at any time-keep your mind open. The color scheme and direction for this card was inspired by Arby's (the fast food restaurant) packaging: red woodgrain!

You can be eligible to win Happy as a Lark from The Craft's Meow by visiting the blogs and leaving a comment!


29 comments:

  1. As always a great card Karent. I love those banners and the fact that you were inspired by Arby's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen...yet again you have knocked a set out of the park...your design is incredible and so you! Love it! and your card..wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I always love the red/black/white combo and now that background is just AWESOME!!

    Great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just incredible! I love your new sets! The tree bark background is fabulous and so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really really lovin' your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love where your inspiration came from, Karen! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SMILING BIG and feeling as happy as a lark...admiring your beautiful work today! The lark's image is absolutely DARLING and SWEET! Suddenly I have a urgent NEED for this stamp! You so rock in my world, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! Red wood grain, I'm in love! Also happy with this tiny bird and your fun stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a bold red woodgrain. Congrats on the new stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Arbys? Really? You are a creative genius. I love that woodgrain in red, and like what you did the the flags. That bird is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a perfect card in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME tip, Karen!! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that woodgrain background! This looks like an AMAZING set---you've done an outstanding job of designing this! Can't wait to see the full reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on another fabulously designed set Karen - that woodgrain stamp looks amazing. Love your gorgeous card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab design Karen! LOVE the little wooden bird!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVING these new sets Karen, and I LOVE the red woodgrain in your card, so bold, rustic, and modern all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Arbys YUMMY!!! ok food sidetracked me, lol
    love the red woodgrain and those banners :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow....this card is sooooooooooooo RAD!!! Yes....I am yelling this because this card ROCKS!!! That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Arby's for inspiration! So funny. The red woodgrain is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a serious infatuation/love/crush/obsession/sickness for woodgrain, so I heart this set so much!! I think it will definitely be coming to live with me when released!! I love your card with the red woodgrain - swoon!!

    Wanted to thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some love. I'm so touched by your sweet words!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just totally awesome! Love the red!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty Karen. Love the stitched banners and the little bird. Great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a genius background this card has!! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE the tree bark background and love that you stamped it in red. awesome card, Karen! I too, love reading crafty friends' happy news at times like this. even though they didn't pick my cards, I am ever so looking forward to seeing my friends' works being published! =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another Karen Baker collection to add to my wish list! :D That woodgrain is fantastic and looks fabulous in red!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Woodgrain makes a perfect backdrop for any card!
    Karen L 1020 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete