Sunday, January 20, 2013

Talented Sisters

Sometimes starting a card is the most difficult, or your mojo isn't quite with you. Good thing for talented sisters though! One of my sisters has Crafty Challenge Parties, where ladies get together with their supplies, another chooses something and that person is to create something with the object. When I went to visit my parents over the holidays, my mojo stayed behind, but I was thankful for the time my other sister initiated a Crafty Challenge-she has an eye for cool patterns and textures, and found a piece of paper in a 6x6 pad. Surprisingly, the card came together easy!

The Craft's Meow


Welcome to the final day of The Craft's Meow's January Release sneak peeks, tomorrow is a our blog hop! (You can read more about the releases at The Craft's Meow!) Many Thanks is a versatile sentiment set designed by Kaitlyn Ord. The set is full of such cool combinations for ways to say "thank you" and are absolutely perfect for focal points. I covered my card with a lightly patterned piece of paper, added the sentiment to a cardstock panel and tucked that underneath a paper flower made from the Lil' Inkers sun die and May Arts Burlap Twine.

Today's Tip: Have someone else choose a piece of patterned paper for you and design a card around it. It helps you use up those patterns you might necessarily be drawn to and makes for a great challenge!


You can be eligible to win Many Thanks from The Craft's Meow by visiting the blogs and leaving a comment!


26 comments:

  1. Love the colors, the bloom and the sentiment! How fun that your sister is crafty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! :) Sounds like some good ol' fun, with your sister! What a great tip, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This crafting party challenge idea sounds like a stroke of genius! What a great idea to get the mojo flowing! Love this card, it features one of my favourite colour combos and I'm enjoying the Many Thanks set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun that your sister creates too! I love the flower on this...incredible details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one's a beauty! Love that patterned paper! It works well with the soft blue flower and the twine. I really like the idea of a crafting party and the clever way your sister gets the mojo flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think my Mojo has gone away too! Glad yours is back! I'm off to Vegas tomorrow - so maybe I'll find it out there and bring it home with me!

    Love the flower!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the blue bloom with the bit of distress on the edge...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card and how fun to craft with your sisters. I wish mine made cards and lived a little bit closer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling card Karen, such a fun bloom! My SIL and I have stamping challenges together all the time, it does help keep the mojo going. Sometimes it's a technique, color or paper...always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the flower and the blue! So pretty, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the background paper and the blue flowers stands out of the background. Awesome card, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Karen. Love your background paper and your flower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great CAS card. love how you used the twine here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea! I was just today thinking about how I have so many sheets left in the 6x6 pads that I never use. Let's start a swap...what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's awesome that your sister is crafty too. I have 5 sisters but none of them are into crafts. I love how you wrapped the twine behind the flower - cool design.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's awesome that your sister is crafty too. I have 5 sisters but none of them are into crafts. I love how you wrapped the twine behind the flower - cool design.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great tip. Enjoying these tips.
    Great card. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful bloom! Love the blues!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your card and your idea. Unfortunately, my sister is not crafty{anymore} BUT my daughter is super talented and always encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is so cute! one can never have too many thank you sets, right? =) love the paper flower, too. sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great challenge idea! Love that gorgeous flower and the twine looped behind it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just love the tips Karen, and LoVe the card too (especially that sweet twine peeking out)!

    ReplyDelete