Sunday, March 7, 2010

Caterpillar & Butterfly Birthdays


Someone else in this crafty world must have paired this image and sentiment together, but I've got to tell you, I haven't seen it yet so I thought I was a clever little one when I created this card! Does that ever happy to you? I used the current Mojo Monday sketch and kept it pretty clean and simple. Also pulled out the Crimper Tool (gasp!) which hasn't seen light in months-I thought it replicated the little fuzzies on the caterpillar/inchworm/bug image.



This next card is for the ladies featuring a variety of dry embossing, and using colors from the latest challenge at Color Throwdown. The butterflies are sponged with their respective colors and stitched to the card. My mini Janome must have had some thread issues, but I love the textured results. The green grass/borders have been sanded lightly.

Both these cards are for the birthday portion of Moxie Fab's Olympics of Stamping.

**If you've made it this far, this is my second post for today and I invite you to scroll down to look at my little monster card.**

Supplies Used on Caterpillar Birthday Card: GP White Cardstock, Rust and Gold Cardstock from Recollections, Cloud 9 DSP, SU On Your Birthday,Bugs & Kisses and ABC Aplpha Lower Stamp Sets, SU Baja Breeze and Sahara Sand Ink, CM Circle Cutting System, Fiskars Crimper and Scallop Border Punch, SU Pewter Brad

Supplies Used on Butterfly Birthday Card: SU Very Vanilla, Ruby Red and Not Quite Navy Cardstock, Bazill Basic Textured Cardstock, SU Ruby Red and Not Quite Navy Ink, SU On Your Birthday Stamp Set, SU Butterfly Embossing Plate, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder, Fiskars Scallop Border Punch, Thread

8 comments:

  1. Your crimped border on the first card is PERFECT replica of the caterpillar's waves! Is that PP behind? I love the smattering of dots accross the BG.
    And your "mistake" on the butterfly card is amazing. lol. I wish MY Janone Sewmini would mess up and give me visual interest like that! Usually it's just user error and it doesn't look anywhere near as creative at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the butterflies... great job on the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first card is really cute, but I just love the second one! Great way to stitch the butterflies! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree with Broni---the caterpillar is cute, but those butterflies are awesome===the stitching makes them even better and your unique fold is wonderful! Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to buck the trend and say that the butterflies are cute, but I love the caterpillar card! Love the layout, the color combo & the fact that you used a tool you'd nearly forgotten about. (Yeah, I have a crimper, too, and haven't used it in ages!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Karen! Thanks again for entering the Olympics of Stamping challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG OMG, so much creative you are. I like ur all works.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Nice! Especially love the butterfly card.

    ReplyDelete