Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sometimes You Need to Make Them


Do you feel saddened by the thought of making sympathy cards, but you find yourself creating them because you want that one person to know that you care for them at their time loss-really care? I brought a box full of cards to work a while back and all the sympathy cards sold-its kind of sad, really, to know that you will eventually need them someday. I took on the last of Kim Hughes' color showdown, to use pink, and to base a card by Windy Robinson found on this post. I pulled out some patterned paper from 2002, I think. I must have thought I was going to have a girl someday to scrapbook about, its been laying dormant in my stash since then...

Supplies Used: SU Very Vanilla Cardstock and Satin Ribbon, Bazzill Basic Textured Brown Cardstock, Kelly Panacci DSP in Stonewashed Pink and Argyle Sweater-by SandyLion, SU Always in my Thoughts Stamp Set, Colorbox Chalk Ink in Creamy Brown, McGill Tag Punch, Thread

11 comments:

  1. such a peaceful looking sympathy card...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card- it is sad to know we'll need them- but I always put off making them anyway....
    You have been crazy busy! I don't know how you do it- but I'm digging everything you're sharing!!!
    Oh- and I have twin girl nieces- and one has always been pink & the other purple- it must be universal?! *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the simplicity of this. very beautiful and soothing sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Karen and a BIG congrats on your Moxie Fab win!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's wonderful to use pink for the non-traditional sympathy card. After all, the color effect will lift the receiver's spirit to some extent. Love this one, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never think of making sympathy cards ahead of time. I am always running to get one together at the last minute. thanks for the comment on my blog. I have some blog candy if you would like to enter. http://mykraftnook.blogspot.com/2010/03/blog-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work, beautiful card like the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you know i love love pink and brown and seriously love the patterns on that paper!
    tammy h

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Karen... sure to bring a smile to someones face during the loss of a loved one!

    ReplyDelete